cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data Synchronizing program in BCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i executing Master data Synchronizing program:UGMD_BATCH_SYNC .Where i got the selections

and i have given below selection conditions to run the program.

application = 10

application area = FL

Field Name = /1FB/COMPANY

Synchronization Mode:You can use either supplementary synchronizing or Full synchronizing.

Which synchronizing mod need to use to synchronize the masterdata.

Is it fine if select Field Name = /1FB/COMPANY ? in the selections.

I have added new cost centers in cost center hierarchy i am executing the program to synchronize the mastered between BW and BCS.

Please some one advise me in this scenario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

It's not clear what kind of problem you have.

Which synchronizing mod need to use to synchronize the masterdata.

- A quote from the note # 689229:

 Supplementary synchronization: Data from the SEM-BCS is written into the BW. Additional data, only existing in the BW (e.g. extra reporting hierarchies with other names/versions), is not deleted in this case.

 Complete synchronization: Deletion of all data of the InfoObjects to be written in the BW and then complete copying from SEM-BCS into the BW. If certain old data could not be deleted, due to usages in the BW, related messages are collectively output at the end.

Is it fine if select Field Name = /1FB/COMPANY ? in the selections.

- If you want to synchronize companies, then it's correct.

I have added new cost centers in cost center hierarchy i am executing the program to synchronize the mastered between BW and BCS.

- If you want to synchronize cost centers, then choose them in the selection.

Please some one advise me in this scenario

- Not clear abt the scenario.

- In general - read the note I mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response Eugene.

We have added few company codes to hiearchy and need to run the sysnchronizing program to sysnc masterdata between BCS and BW.

I was refering the same note which you have given.

I was little confuged when i slecting Modes

Whether i need to take Supplementary or Full sysnchronizing

Please advise me which one i need to select.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read the descriptions, you may choose either mode and the BW data will be sychronized with BCS.

The risk in choosing Full may be that if any data is created or changed in BW for some purpose, Full mode will remove such changes, where supplemental will only add the new BCS changes that are not already in BW.

Another thing to consider is that there should be little need for sychonization since the sychronization is automatic or may be automatic when the target systems for transports have the setting to replicate BCS master data changes into BW. These setting are found in the BCS workbench Tools view.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Dan.

I am not able to find BCS workbench tools view in UCWB.

I have ran the program with supplementary synchronizing and i am not able to see the bacground job in SM37 when i execute the program.

But the program has got executed.Where can i see the job?

Please advise me

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To open the BCS workbench tools view follow menu path: UCWB > Edit > Settings > Workbench > Main Navigation > Views and select the tools view. Then leave the workbench. Upon returning to the workbench you will see the tools view at the bottom left of the screen.

Then in the tolls view follow path: Transport > System settings > Replication in BW. This is where you change to activate replication of master data into BW for the target systems when master data is transported from the source system.

For the batch job, look in SM35. It may be there.

Edited by: Dan Sullivan on Oct 7, 2008 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

I modified copmany hiearcy with few companies in BCS.

Which one is better whether i need to follow the method you said to replicate it into BW or Run the Synchronizing program.

When i select Replication in BW System where right pane left

pane of the window having Master data and Hiearchies

all these fields in are in no replication .

What i need to do there?

Do i need to use overrite?

I am not that much perfect that why i am asking your advise.

Please advise me on this.

Edited by: Prasad B on Oct 7, 2008 6:35 PM

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the system where the changes have been made, the data changes should automatically be updated into BW. If that is not the case there is likely an authorizations issue.

For transporting the changes to QA and PRD, it is suggested you follow the replication settings approach to avoid having to execute the synchronization program each time changes are made.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Replicate in BW where all the fields are not replicate mode except item.

When i was try to load the data where i am not able to load data for new company 100 and warning is saying these records are ignored.

The error message

5 of 5 data rows were ignored

Message no. UCF7017

Diagnosis

A total of 5 data records were read from file C:\Documents and Settings\Laxmikant.dube\My Docume. Of those, 5 records contain parameter settings that exceed the user limitations for executing the data collection task.

System response

The ignored records were not checked any further and will not be written.

Procedure

Make sure that the ignored records are irrelevant for the current task. If some of the ignored records were supposed to be written, then the file probably contains an error.

In this case, closely examine the settings for the fields Version, Fiscal Year, Period, Group Currency, and Consolidation Units in the file.

If you have more than one characteristic with the role consolidation unit (a socalled "matrix organization"), also check whether the settings in the ignored records refer to valid combinations of consolidation units.

What would be the issue?

Edited by: Prasad B on Oct 7, 2008 7:16 PM

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not a master data issue.

It may ne an authorization issue since the message states: "5 records contain parameter settings that exceed the user limitations for executing the data collection task. In this case the authorizations must be checked via SU53.

If not that then it is most likely an issue with the data. For the file should have the same parameters for version, period, year, etc. as those in the monitor at the time of execution. It is therefore suggested that you first check the file to ensure that all of the parameters agree with those in the monitor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

I have got this file from user and we are able to load for other copmanie except 100 and checked with user and they told me that its currect file.It seems to be fine.the file contain more 20k and loading the records except 5 records for new copmany 100.

I was getting error message.

Character string "1300,121090,1000,123,1000,982545.47,982545.47" is cut off after 4 characters

Message no. UCF7003

Diagnosis

The current data row contains for characteristic Controlling area the value 1300,121090,1000,123,1000,982545.47,982545.47. But the maximum length for values of this characteristic is only 4 characters.

System response

The character string "1300,121090,1000,123,1000,982545.47,982545.47" is cut off after 4 characters.

Procedure

Check if the string "1300,121090,1000,123,1000,982545.47,982545.47" is indeed supposed to be interpreted as the value of characteristic Controlling area. If this is the case, avoid exceeding the maximum length for this characteristic.

However, if there has been a mix-up, compare the structure of the file with the definition in the upload method. If variable column widths are used, particularly pay attention to the number of field separators in the data row involved.

Sorry for the bugging and i need to resolve the issue asp.

Please advise me on this.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue is due to the file format being inconsistent with the upload method settings.

Because this is no longer a master data synchronization issue, it is suggested you first search the forum for solutions regarding this issue, and if none are found, open a new question (thread) for this issue.