Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Enterprise 10 Export to PDF - How Do I?

We currently have an ASP DOT NET application (C#) that connects to a Crystal Enterprise 10 server to launch the Crystal Report Viewer ActiveX control to display one of several reports. Since some of our users' workstation profiles are "locked down" by policies that do not allow downloading or running ActiveX controls, we would like to implement an option that would have the selected report simply display in a new browser window as a pdf.

I have read several posts that reference using Crystal Reports directly or use the CrystalDecisions.Shared library, but we use CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.

Our current sollution essentially creates a SessionMgr object, logs in to the server, gets an "InfoStore" service, and returns a "Token" that is passed to the viewrpt.cwr control along with the ReportID and report parameters.

I'm looking for the most direct alternative that might use as much as the existing code infrastructure as possible, that would not conflict with the current solution or require implementing an entirely new paradigm, if possible.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

pat

replied

Hello Pat,

You've referenced Viewrpt.cwr in your post so it sounds like you're using URL reporting. You can add some additional parameters to your URL to have the report export to PDF (or other formats).

You'll want to look at the URL Reporting document on SAP's site for additional information on how to specify that the report should be exported and to which format. Here's the link - [url Reporting Commands|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/communitycs/TechnicalPapers/ce8_urlcommands.pdf]. You're looking for the the CMD and EXPORT_FMT commands on page 20 of the PDF.

This document was written for CE8, but URL reporting hasn't changed and will work through BOE XI R2 (v11.5).

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question