cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy to File Error : HTTP status code 401 : Unauthorized

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi When I try execute an ABAP report program to trigger my Proxie Scenario from R3 system, I am getting the following message:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Integration Server

-->

- <SAP:ErrorHeader xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/exchange/MessageFormat">

<SAP:Context />

<SAP:Code p1="401" p2="Unauthorized" p3="" p4="">HTTP.HTTP_STATUS_CODE_NEQ_OK</SAP:Code>

<SAP:Text language="EN">HTTP status code 401 : Unauthorized</SAP:Text>

</SAP:ErrorHeader>

I am just learning this PI stuff rt now. I saw a posting "How to activate ABAP Proxies" and found that we need to update the IS_URL on R3 side as "dest://<HTTP Destination> but my Admn says that this format works only for ECC systems but not for R3 kind of Old Application Systems. So as of now the IS_URL in my R3 Integration Server Configuration I have just regular PI URL with host and port information format:

http://<HOST:Port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

So in otherwords, I am not at all using HTTP RFC destination. NOw I did check proxy from the menu options and did SLD check and my test is successfull in all aspects. But when I trigger the proxy I am getting the above message: HTTP status code 401 : Unauthorized

Please help me out! I can award good marks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there a RFC connection of type H exist between PI and R/3?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, but my question when I am not at all using that HTTP RFC destination, what is point of check it for my proxy to file scenario?

my IS_URL in IS configuration on R3 side is just regular URL with host and port format.

I have a HTTP destination and connection test is failing and not worried by thinking that my scenario is not using that RFC destination.

Please correct me if wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-->where did you find this error?

-->may be the user name you are using locked, check it once.

I have a HTTP destination and connection test is failing and not worried by thinking that my scenario is not using that RFC destination.

-->as per your error i think your R/3 system is not connecting to PI. so ask your basis to confirm that.

if at all you are not using RFC, this is a test to confirm that R/3 is connecting to PI. so it is better to test the RFC destination check, when we face these type of errors.

if this is fine we can suggest you to check else where, giving exact solution for your problems in forums is a bit difficult. so we generally suggest you to perform some checks, which might move us in right direction and solve the problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You want to exchange messages with the Exchange Infrastructure Integration Server by using ABAP proxies. To send a message to the Integration Server, use a client proxy. To provide a service on the SAP Web AS that can be addressed by messages from the Integration Server, use a server proxy.

Refer Client proxy blog.

HTTP destination will fail as you are sending empty message that is not a problem.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am exactly following this blog and developed my client proxy scenario. In my SLD check I can see my R3 is connecting to PI server successfully with out any problem. All checks are in green from my SLD check report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Where exactly you are getting this error?

Is the message shown up in SXMB_MONI?

Ask your admin to check with the Username/password they have to connect to PI server from R/3.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am triggering this proxy on R3 side using my user id and pwd and getting this message in MONI on R3 side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

your User id will not have authorization to hit PI...because your id would be a dialog userid.

ask ur basis to provide a userid which is given full access..this may solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can trigger the proxy using your userid and password. But to send this message to integration engine system user will be a service user like

PIREPUSER

PIDIRUSER

PIAPPLUSER

PIRWBUSER

PILDUSER

PIISUSER

PIAFUSER

LSADMIN

Check the authentication credentials for PIAPPLUSER or even XISUPER. If the password expiration is enabled this can be the issue.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

But as I mentioned earlier, we are using URL address as IS_URL for IS configuration in SXMB_ADM to connect to PI for ABAP Proxie communication on our R3 server, where exactly we are using this service users. Beause my proxie call is not using HTTP RFC destination at all but still integration is successfull in my SLDCHECK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shilpa,

From R/3 side, change u'r IS_URL to:

dest://<RFC DESTINATION TYPE H>

ex:

dest://SAPIS_SID

This destination must exist in SM59 transaction with this specification:

Type H (HTTP Connection ABAP System)

Target host: pi_hostname

Service number: <abap port> (ex: 8001)

Path Prefix: http://pi_hostname:<abap port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

Fill Logon and Security tab (with PI data using some user mentioned above).

Best Regards,

Pedro Nunes