cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track Development Status in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solution Manager, can we track / report the Development status with following details:

u2022 Development start date

u2022 Target completion date

u2022 Budgeted hours

u2022 Actual hours

u2022 Assigned Developer

Normally, we run SOLAR_EVAL for various reports on documents e.g. on Technical designs. But above information is not available.

Is it possible to maintain this information some where in solution manager and bring it in the SOLAR_EVAL reports?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikky,

As rightly pointed out, it requires quite a bit of knack in getting the left hand structure reflect what you need to monitor and then use the right hand side Admin tab to diligently fill in required values. With all of it, you may still miss the simple flexibility of Excel or MS Project for this. Unfortunately, this aspect (Planning, Resourcing, Monitoring) isn't still the forte of SolMan Implementation side of tools as yet.

Service Desk messages could be suited workaround as it gives you some flexibility and you can track progress of each 'action' through its life cycle. However, to achieve objectives like % progress, if the same resource is used in multiple messages and if so, is he/she requires to be augmented with more staff etc. - this would not suit either.

If I were to decide, I would stick to MS Project for Planning, Monitoring and Resource leveling and take to Service Desk to resolve 'issues' requiring cross team visibility and resolution.

Best regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for these suggestions.

If I plan to maintain values in Admin tab in the right hand side, then how can I bring these details in the SOLAR_EVAL Report. Currently, I see details related to only 'Project Documentation' tab.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run the t-code SOLAR_EVAL and on the next screen select "General Status Analysis" under Administration (first option). On the next screen you can filter out the business process by clicking on the "select substructure". Do not forget to select "Display team member" & "Display Keywords" check boxes. Now execute the t-code you will get the details as expected for development.

I hope it will help you.

thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Please use service desk functionality.

Whenever there is a development needed a support message is created which wil be assigned to developer and here you can build the reports for all type values you require.

Secondly you can mention here transport request no.

Additional you can customize the standard to add fields you require.

Also you can have your own set of status values like In developlment ...development completed etc.

Please assign pts.

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Oct 7, 2008 10:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could if you created a scenario to just track development of your objects. Instead of business processes in your scenario you would have development objects on the left hand side. You can then use the administration tab to assign individuals, and track the other items. It's kind of a hack of how the tool is used though, but I've seen it done before. There's more to it if this seems like something you would like to do.

regards,

Jason