cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel Upgrade for all App systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to do a Kernel upgrade soon. I have one CI DB cluster and 4 App servers. Do I have to upgrade the kernel on each app system and the CI? I mean, do I have to copy the files to the RUN folder for each App server and for the CI?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi.

yes, you have to copy the kernel to all your application servers. one possibility is to nfs-mount your kerneldirectory to all application servers. in this case you have to stop all servers, change the kernel once and restart. this works, if all application servers are running on the same operating system.

regards,

martin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Esha1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Ensure that you are using the SAP kernel recommended together with the latest SAP stacks for your product. For detailed information, see SAP Service Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks

SAP releases Support Package Stacks, including kernel patches, on a regular basis (2-4 times a year). Therefore, we also suggest you create a strategy to implement these stacks periodically.In special cases, you may need to use a more recent kernel patch than the one shipped with the latest Support Package Stack for your product like in case of traces.

Yes you need to update the patch level of all the servers in the system.

Hope this helps!!

Kind Regards

Esha Rajpal