cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change R/3 System ID & Client values for a Business System in ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am a beginner in PI or XI. I am trying to modify R/3 System ID & Client# under Adapter Specific Identifiers of a Business System in ID. But both are in output mode and I tried to modify in SLD and then resynch at ID level, but I could not find a place where these parameters are specified for that Business System in SLD.

Please help me!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have taken care of the problem by pointing old BS to a different unused TS of type WEBAS-ABAP and then cleared the CACHE in ID and then did the re-synch in Adapter Specific Identifiers and it worked fine. Now I am able to have correct LS, and other Adapter Specific Ids correctly and this work around resolved my issue.

Thanks for your answers though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good............. enjoy

Anyhow i suggest same.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you make a change for these in SLD you need to import it back in ID with change.

can you please elaborate what you are trying to change as adapter specific attribute in Business system. I think that changes can be at channel level

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Client 500 and R3 Server EN3 now these two things were already there on a Business System, but Admn did some thing on my test system and now we have another Business System pointing to TS of type WEBAS-ABAP and Admin assigned this same client 500 and EN3 server name in SLD to this new Business system, but as you know these changes will not reflect in my ID scenario automatically unless we do it manually with synchronization button under Adapter Specific Identifiers.

So my requirement is now to remove those values from the old BS and keep them or get them through synch for my new BS in my ID scenario, which I am not able to do it. The new BS is pointing to WEBAS-ABAP type TS but the old one I think it is now not pointing to any TS any more, it just left like a orphan with no technical System, I think Admn did some magic with bad practice, I believe.

HOw do I handle this situation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Add this Business system to your new TS provided by Admin. This will make the change after a refresh you can use the business system.

In case you get error(which should not happen) with the logical system create another logical system for the same.

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You dont specify them in SLD. Depending on the channel (RFC or IDOC) the client needs to be configured in the channel parameters only.

VJ