cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

popupWindow of different component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to create popup window from a parent view and close the same from the parent view by storing the instance of the created window in the context.This works fine when everything is in a single component.

The actual requirement is to create a popupwindow whose window/view is defined in another component.For example...

in the code

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("PopUpWindow");

1)How can we specify to search for the window in some other component.

2)Is there anyway to get the instance of currently opened window and close the window in action handler itself.(To avoid storing of the window instance in context)

I have gone through most of the threads in the forum.

Inorder to get the window from another component I have tried adding the 2ndcomponent in "Used components" of first component.I am not clear/sure about this apporoach.If it really suffices the need kindly elaborate on this.

Using Javasript/HTML page approach is not suggestible in my application.

Kindly help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have another component then there will be another application attached to this component. An application is a deployable part of a project therefore You can generate a URL for this application and pass this as an URL to the new window.

regards,

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is not possible to control the behaviour of one component from another means u can create a component from another component like parent child relationship but controlling the view navigation , modelbinding ,and contollers are handled by the same component .if you create any compnent creating a window is necessary and a corresponding interfaceview is created for that window u can embed this in the parent compenent as a view and control the lifecycle of component but the other logic for that is handled by the component itself ..that is why a big project is divided into components ...

I hope it will clear some conceptual doubts in your mind.

Regards,

Yashpal