cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I configured the SBOMail service to send fax throught a Windows Server 2003 as fax server.

When I try to send a fax from SAP in the server's error log I've the following error:

Origin:SBOMail Event ID: 62

Description:

Error 0 in CMSFaxMsg::Send: Can not find specified file .: "No error"

Giuseppe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuseppe,

It does take some time to set up fax. The problem is still likely with configuration. Would you kindly go through the following documents to see if it helps:

1. HowToMSFax_2005A_2007A.pdf

Documentation Resource Center http://service.sap.com/smb/sbo/documentation > SAP Business One 2007 A > How-To Guides 2007 A > How To Install & Config. MS Fax Services 2005 A SP01, 2007 A (also applicable to 2007B)

2. AdministratorGuide_SQL.pdf (page 26 Configuring Fax Services)

Documentation Resource Center http://service.sap.com/smb/sbo/documentation > SAP Business One 2007 A > Administratoru2019s Guides 2007A > AdministratorGuide_SQL.pdf

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jacqueline Jiang

SAP Business One Forums Team

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

With the links posted, I could not manage to get to any document. I get:

<snip>

The alias SMB/SBO/DOCUMENTATION that you have entered does either not exist,

or you are not authorized to access it.

<snip>

Franz

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I got the documents, read it, changed some settings, and still the faxing does not work.

I have no clue what I am doing wrong.

I have an SBS2003 on which the SQL Server 2005, the SAP ServerSuite as well as the fax server is installed.

On the clients I have the fax client installed. I can fax from every client out of every application and I can check the stats of all the faxes on the fax server (incoming/outgoing/pending) from every client using the fax console.

So far, faxing works perfect.

However, if I hit the fax button in SAP it asks me for the attachment to add (found it doesn't matter what I select), has a check mark next to fax and also has the correct number.

If I hit 'Send', I get "Operation completed successfully" ... but nothing happens

If I check the lo of the fax server, it never gets data from B1, not from the user. So, B1 doesn't even try to send.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Franz

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If anybody has MS Fax (not local! - network) with SAP B1 up and running, please post a comment.

If not ... I suppose that it indeed is not working and therefore ..

please SAP ... make it work!

Thanks

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is very embarrassing to see that SAP don't help us to solve this problem.

Giuseppe

Edited by: Rui Pereira on Dec 4, 2008 1:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got the same problem.

Does anyone have an answer ?

MS fax has been tested and is running.

SBO Mailer works successfully with mail, but faxes do net get through.

Event viewer shows following message :

<<Error 0 in CMSFaxMsg::Send: Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.: "No error".>>

andres_castrillon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the same scenario (MS FAX running on the SBO Server with Server 2003) and the same issues. I can even send faxes from SBO without attachements. But when I attach a file just the cover page goes through, which means SBO and MS FAX are communicating properly. I tried moving the Attachments folder to B1_SHR (and make sure it's not a matter of permits) and attached a .TXT file. I installed Adobe at the Server and the destinatary just got the cover page WITHOUT the attachment. I believe it is a matter of composing a multipage fax. I wonder if it really works...

I'll keep testing and checking this thread...

Andres

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andres,

Any solution about the fax issue?

I got the same problem, I can only fax without attachment, if attaching any file, it fails.

Look forward to your feedback.

Tim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member708266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Are you Sending fax with PDF attachment by MS Fax & SBO Mail?

If yes, Sending fax in PDF format while using MS Fax and SBO Mailer is supported for Adobe Acrobat versions lower than 8.0.

Please install the Acrobat reader in the fax server to send PDF attachme Please also refer to the note 1101382.

Wish the information is useful for you.

Regards

Apple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Apple,

I tried to follow your suggestion, installed Adobe 7.0 but nothing to do, same message in Windows events, do you have other suggestions ?

Giuseppe

former_member370721
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I also tried to set up faxing using the native MS fax service from our SBS2003, which works perfect from all other applications. I came to the conclusion that this just does not work.

If I asked here if somebody ever got it to work ... nobody answered

... too bad ..

Franz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Giuseppe,

Please have a look for this thread to see if it is useful:

You can also check SAP Note# 971203

Thanks,

Grodon

Former Member
0 Kudos