cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting One ERP system to two PI systems with their own central SLD's

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to connect an ERP system to a PI (PI_NEW) system with a CSLD(CSLD_NEW). That ERP system is already connected to another PI (PI_OLD) system which has a CSLD(CSLD_OLD).

How do you specify the following two TCP/IP connections in the ERP system for the PI_NEW system.

LCRSAPRFC

SAPSLDAPI

I can add a record in SLDAPICUST transaction with the CSLD_NEW system as not primary.

Did anbody had this situation, and if so how did you resolved it?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We opened a ticket with SAP and they came back and said we can connect one ECC system to only one PI system.

Meanwhile I found out that we can use an RFC adapter since it does not require the followingTCP/IP connections.

LCRSAPRFC

SAPSLDAPI

But we cannot use the IDOC Adapter OR ABAP Proxy.

We still want to find out how this can be resolved.

Thanks.

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As i told in reply above.

We had faced similar situation when the clients ERP of one region was removed and we need to use 2 PI systems on single ERP system.

We tried a lot and finally made it working through another PI system.

Problem we had was new system was PI 7.0 and old was PI 3.0 and had lot of business critical process that we cannot move to another PI. We made the RFC calls using PI(A) RFC adapter and even created Type H RFC to PI (B)

Some reports were written in ERP, PI(A) to handle this situation

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is i found something similar to when we want to point D and Q to P.

Check following notes

and this blog

Are you using SOLMAN to house your central SLD?

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using the SOLMAN to house SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One ERP system can have only one SLD configuration at any given point. SLD is used by ERP system for SPROXY etc..

What is the scenario in your case that needs two SLD for one ERP system?

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

One subsidiary of the global company (A) has its own ECC sytem & PI system with central SLD. Similarly other subsidiary (B) has its own ECC & PI with Central SLD systems. Now we want to connect the ECC-A to PI-B and exchange some messages. PI-A and ECC-B may eventually dropped, so this is interim until we consolidate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In this scanrio allow either PI(A) to communicate to PI (B) or either work on migrating SLD components or PI(B) to PI(A)

ECC(A) -> PI(A)-> PI(B) or

ECC(A) -> PI(A)

so when ECC(B) is down you have all load handled at ECC(A) and PI (A).

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not Possible.

VJ