cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Mode = 'Delete'; Archive Faulty Source Files; Add Timestamp ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI3.0 SPS 19

For FTP Sender adapter, if Processing Mode is Delete, and you want to Archive Faulty Source Files with an added timestamp, it does not work (meaning it does not archive the faulty source file at all).

Any suggestions?

If I change the processing mode to Archive, it works. But my requirement is to archive only faulty files after adding timestamp and the source files should be deleted if processed.

Thanks

JB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi james

If you are using FCC or Modules then only Faulty files will be archived.

The error that works with this should be a permanent error of file like field missing or compulsory field etc.

if i understand correct you are trying to use Archive faulty messages in delete mode and you have FCC right ?

I have also seen this behavior in delete mode it File adapter never archive. So it wont archive the faulty file as well.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Archive Faulty Source Files with an added timestamp

What kind of error you have in file due to which its faulty?

The Archive faulty file works only in condition where a permanent error occurs due to File content conversion or due to error in Modules.

If you have any of the above two type of errors then please reply back

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a file content conversion error. If processing mode is set to archive, the add timestamp to the faulty message works and the faulty message is archived with timestamp. However is the processing mode is delete, then if I request timestamp to be added to the faulty message to be archived, it does not archive the faulty message and message keeps failing every poll interval (as it is not deleted either as it was not processed)

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

can you check the permissions of the file, is it 0777? if not make it 0777 and test it once...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is not with permissions. As I said, if I don't want a timestamp appended to filename, it works file. It just does not archive faulty file with appended timestamp if the regular processing mode is also not archive.

The reason we want to append a timestamp to the faulty file name is so that if user forgets to delete the file from the error folder or if another instance of the file is processed, it fails because the file already exists in error folder. Adding a timestamp would allow users to correct the file at their own time. The option to add timestamp exists but just does not work when regular processing mode is Delete. Strange...