cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report XI R2 save as to Business Objects Enterprice XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to save a Crysttal Report XI R2 from crystal reports to Business Objects Enterprice XI R2 but I am getting a unable to launch to ReportAdd program.

I checked and the program ReportAdd.exe.

I am not sure why I can not upload this to the Enterprise server.

Help!!

Rick

Exact Message

There was an error while retrieving data from the server: Failed to read data from report file /var/tmp/IHWeeklyResultsSummaryDepartment.rpt. Reason: Failed to open print engine for /hisrep/local/bobje/bobjewca/bobje/enterprise115/solaris_sparc/wcs/reportadd/tmpreport/~ci1e51566f3c36470.rpt. Ensure that CRPE32 is installed on this computer.

Edited by: Rick Phillips on Oct 6, 2008 10:56 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

you mentioned you had to 'sync' Crystal and BO?

Could you explain how you did that? I'm getting the same issues in XI R3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am on

Crystal Report 2008V2 (12.2.3.467)

BO XI R3.1 (12.1.0)

and am having the same issue.

Is there any resolution?

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have the same issue with our setup.

Worked with an SAP support person and found that the reports we tried to upload had a printer set that caused the upload to fail.

We tried a bunch of things and that seemed to work for us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Had to sync up the versions of Crystal and BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Report designed in CR XI R2 (v11.5.8.826). Being saved to a

BO Enterprise XI R2 (v11.5.3.4175) server.

Tried saving the report to the BO repository, takes a long time and then pops up with the error:

Failed to read data from report file <report location> Reason: Unable to launch <Crystal Report location where reportadd.exe is> program to add report to the system.

I login to the server and try to upload the report using the "Publishing Wizard". I get the same error, this time referencing the location of reportadd.exe in Business Objects.

A look at the BO log shows me:

(please contact me for a copy of the log as it is messing up my post on this forum)

That being said, sometimes it does work. The behavior of both the publishing wizard and CR when saving or trying to upload the report is an hour glass for about 4-5 minutes. If you click away from the application and then click on it again, it states "Not responding" but it is still working. In some cases when I try again to save the report, it goes through in 1-2 minutes. Sometimes if I click away and come back, click on the active app again so it states "Not responding" it will complete saving.

No resolution as of yet, simply keep on trying. This only happens on this particular report which uses a good amount of tables and custom commands all querying a Sybase database. I have other reports with the same functionality that do not run into this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears my posts are being cut off by the forum design, this is my repost.

Tried saving the report to the BO repository, takes a long time and then pops up with the error:

Failed to read data from report file <report location> Reason: Unable to launch <Crystal Report location where reportadd.exe is> program to add report to the system.

I login to the server and try to upload the report using the "Publishing Wizard". I get the same error, this time referencing the location of reportadd.exe in Business Objects.

Timestamp ProcessID ThreadID Message

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:257). (false : PipeListener: timed out reading from pipe: No error).

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:275). (false : user: Administrator, cmd: "<path>ReportAdd" -report

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:280). (false : Killing ReportAdd process).

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:283). (false : ReportAdd process died).

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:557). (false : Unable to launch "<path>ReportAdd program to add report to the system.).

That being said, sometimes it does work. The behavior of both the publishing wizard and CR when saving or trying to upload the report is an hour glass for about 4-5 minutes. If you click away from the application and then click on it again, it states "Not responding" but it is still working. In some cases when I try again to save the report, it goes through in 1-2 minutes. Sometimes if I click away and come back, click on the active app again so it states "Not responding" it will complete saving.

No resolution as of yet, simply keep on trying. This only happens on this particular report which uses a good amount of tables and custom commands all querying a Sybase database. I have other reports with the same functionality that do not run into this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Timestamp ProcessID ThreadID Message

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:257). (false : PipeListener: timed out reading from pipe: No error).

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:275). (false : user: Administrator, cmd: "<path>ReportAdd" -report
cgyfs03\home1\users\chauian1\Desktop\CapExReport-final.rpt -token z00@1gH_Nm^@`bF?E;nI01BgK=Z;G8Z:H:b<g3`NT=`7A]fJ[kkZLdj4kcGUe`AMZbQ;f1i9TeP7ei`I5MgXHP`4[:?50 -loggingPath "<path>Logging" -discard -newrpt -version 1150 -thumbnail 1 -readpipe 4BC -writepipe 350).

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:280). (false : Killing ReportAdd process).

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:283). (false : ReportAdd process died).

[Thu Oct 16 17:47:58 2008] 5956 6036 assert failure: (.\fromreport.cpp:557). (false : Unable to launch "<path>ReportAdd program to add report to the system.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get this same issue. Were you able to fix it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Have you tried to install CR on the server and upload from there? If so, what is the behavior on the server?