Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Republishing Reports

I have a report (CR) that has several instances on Infoview. I want to update the report (rpt file), but I don't want to lose those instances.

What is the best way to do this? Change the title of the current version of the report and then upload the new version? Is there a best practice for preserving instances?

Also, I want to move old versions of reports (and their instances) to a different folder. How can I do this?

Thanks for the help.

Arnel

Former Member
Former Member replied

Arnel,

Here is a catch (Business Objects refers it that this is by design). You can update a report using Publishing Wizard, which will create a new copy of the report with (2) in the end. Or, you can use Crystal Designer. I prefer using Crystal Designer because it allows you to save changes to the report in the repository.

If you open the report in Crystal Designer, make your changes, then go to File> Save As ...it allows you to save to Enterprise (at the bottom left of the Save screen). When you save it to the enterprise, it overrides the already existing report.

Make sure that you have 'Add to the folder' and 'Edit Objects' granted to this folder in CMC.

Hope this helps.

Kashif

Edited by: Kashif Saeed on Oct 7, 2008 4:08 PM

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question