cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI/XI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All-

I am new to SAP exchange infrastructure, my previous EAI / ESB experiences are mainly on IBM, Tibco, Oracle and Aqualogic.

In one of our current implementation , we are planning to use SAP PI and other Netweaver components and the version we have is 7.0.

In general our requirements include -

1.Service mediation (brokered services)

2.Publish and Sub-scribe

3. Support for business process (No human interaction at this moment, only system interaction)

Could any body help me to verify whether 7.0 support business process implementation , infact which version of the BPEL is supports, Or do I need to upgrade to 7.1 to achieve the same.

Currently we are not planning to use registry/repository, BPM with human interaction etc.

You suggestions are really valuable.

Thanks in advance

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

Thanks alot for replying to this thread, really helpful.

Based on the details I believe that 7.1 will provide a better scalable solution than 7.0.

In the current scenario, we would like to start with a small approach, automatic few business process, and I believe 7.0 with support for BPEL can help us to do that.

Ultimate plan is to migrate to 7.1 once the product is stable, and when SAP can say couple of good stories about the implementation

Thanks again

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could any body help me to verify whether 7.0 support business process implementation , infact which version of the BPEL is supports, Or do I need to upgrade to 7.1 to achieve the same.

Currently we are not planning to use registry/repository, BPM with human interaction etc.

Currently PI 7.0 supports BPEL4WS 1.1 and looking at your requirement i would suggest to upgrade to PI 7.1 for better results.

Using PI 7.1 even going forward you can use registry/repository as well as human interaction with BPM.This will be an Add on looking at scalability.

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

Full fledged service provisioning and subscription is only possible with 7.1. You might consider upgrading to 7.1. Rest of your needs could be realized using 7.0 also.

VJ