cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Copy Control - Header with no Line Items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I'm looking for a little help with SD copy control. I want to be able to establish document flow between an inquiry and quotation after the quote has been created. The line items will likely be different, so I only want to do this at the header-level.

So far, I haven't gotten it to work.

Copy control for IN to QT is set properly. Item and schedule line copy control requirements are set to 302 (do not copy item) and 502 (do not copy schedule line), respectively.

This works fine when I create an inquiry and then create a quote with ref to the inquiry (VA21). In this case, a log entry is created for the missing item(s), but document flow shows the link between the two documents at header level.

The "create with reference" function is available in VA22, but it is not working the same way. After much testing, I've discovered the document flow seems to only work with VA22 if at least one of the line items is copied. (I started debugging and noticed that the header routine is skipped if there are no line items).

I couldn't find a related OSS note or much documentation.

Not all of our quotes are referenced, so there will be times when users forget. I would really appreciate any input anyone has on this.

Has anyone out there heard of this issue?

Thanks in advance!

-Julie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie

I want small information regarding your query.. What exactly u need.. do u want to copy only header items only.. not the line items.. or dont want to copy any reference document.

Bec when u go to T-code VTAA--in header item there is default Requirement(001) .. if u keep this requirement it will copy all header items from reference document.. if u keep requirement(302) then it will not copy any items from reference document. and remove the check " copy item number"..

The requirements which u kept for Item categories.. that will work as no item will copy from reference document..

Any quires about this issue get back to me..

Regards

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Srinivas.

Thank you for your quick response. Yes, I want to copy header items only - not line items. The result of this should be a document flow link (table vbfa) between the Inquiry and the Quotation headers. The settings via transaction VTAA are as you recommend.

Again this works fine when the quote is created new (VA21) and I choose "create with reference" button from the first screen.

I want to create the same document flow link from the quote change (VA22) - if I have forgotten to do it from the add screen. The same "create with reference" is available from VA22 menu path but it does not produce the same results. (The document flow is not updated).

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

In T Code VTAA for the item category AFN by maintain "X" in the upate document flow

It will meet your requirement

Regards

DV

Edited by: D V on Oct 7, 2008 6:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Durgesh,

The update document flow was already set to "X" on the item category.

Perhaps this is a bug. I think I may need to contact OSS.

Thanks anyway.