Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SD Copy Control - Header with no Line Items

Hello, I'm looking for a little help with SD copy control. I want to be able to establish document flow between an inquiry and quotation after the quote has been created. The line items will likely be different, so I only want to do this at the header-level.

So far, I haven't gotten it to work.

Copy control for IN to QT is set properly. Item and schedule line copy control requirements are set to 302 (do not copy item) and 502 (do not copy schedule line), respectively.

This works fine when I create an inquiry and then create a quote with ref to the inquiry (VA21). In this case, a log entry is created for the missing item(s), but document flow shows the link between the two documents at header level.

The "create with reference" function is available in VA22, but it is not working the same way. After much testing, I've discovered the document flow seems to only work with VA22 if at least one of the line items is copied. (I started debugging and noticed that the header routine is skipped if there are no line items).

I couldn't find a related OSS note or much documentation.

Not all of our quotes are referenced, so there will be times when users forget. I would really appreciate any input anyone has on this.

Has anyone out there heard of this issue?

Thanks in advance!

-Julie

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question