cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP payload issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

I have an RFC to HTTP scenario, i have managed so far to execute the RFC, pass those values to an XML which is send to an HTTP (Oanda web) and get a response (this last part is the problem)

i'm trying to map this response from that site to my RFC.Response, but while i see the response in the monitoring i don't see that this is passing in the format i need which would be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_Response xmlns:ns0="http://test/Fxml">

<RESPONSE>

<EXPR/>

<EXCH/>

<AMOUNT/>

<NPRICES/>

<CONVERSION>

<DATE/>

<ASK/>

<BID/>

</CONVERSION>

</RESPONSE>

</ns0:MT_Response>

I just see the response in the format send back by the site

<RESPONSE>

<EXPR>

<EXCH>

<AMOUNT>

<NPRICES>

<CONVERSION>

<DATE>

<ASK>

<BID>

</CONVERSION>

</RESPONSE>

- So, as you can see, it seems like the response from the web is making no relation to my Message Type (synchronous), and since my MT is not related, i have an empty response from the RFC

- How is this possible? what would i need to do in order to create the response in the xml format i created and fill with the correct payload format?

any help would be apreciated,

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just want to make sure,have you specified message mapping program for both request and response messages in Interface mapping?

You will have one interface mapping which will contain both request and response mappings within itself

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i already did that, in fact the first part works correctly:

RFC => XML.request

that's sent to the web, and when i get the response back i got the problem, but i already done that, so i dont understand why is not working

i have two maps

1º RFC => MT_XML_Request (sent to the web)

2º MT_XML_Response => RFC_Response

Interface mapping:

RFC => MI_XML (synchronous, input MT_XML_Request, output MT_XML_Response)

Request => 1º map

Response => 2º map

Edited by: Alexis Alanis on Oct 6, 2008 5:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Moni did you see any error for the Response of that message?

for a Sync message there will be two tabs one is REquest and another one is Response, in that Response tab check the inbound payload and outbound payload.u can make sure that you are getting response message from Webserver.

And also check your Message Interfaces whether they are given as Out-Sync and In-Sync properly.

Edited by: Chirumamilla Sukarna on Oct 6, 2008 10:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Btw, Thanks both for the quick response

But I don't see any errors on moni, i have in fact 2 messages: request & response

in request i see everything ok

in response i see the response back from the webservice but in this format, and for the response from the rfc i see it empty, that's why i'm assuming that is not making the correct relation (it should be that data but with my Message Type format to complete the map but is not working)

<RESPONSE>

<EXPR>

<EXCH>

<AMOUNT>

<NPRICES>

<CONVERSION>

<DATE>

<ASK>

<BID>

</CONVERSION>

</RESPONSE>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

can you check one thing, if i am not wrong your top most segment would be MT_Response, is there any mapping defined for this?

if not map a constant to it and test it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis

Looks like the Parent node MT_Response is not mapped to the corresponding RFC response message type

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that but is not working

if i try to map MT_Response => ZRFC.Response header

or

MT_Response/RESPONSE => ZRFC.Response header

I get an error (red flag on moni) and i have a mapping exception, my guess is this is because ZRFC.Response is 1.1 and i'm mapping something empty, that's why i was telling that i can't generate the MT_Response file (but in moni i see the RESPONSE format from the web, but is not translating that to my MT)

of course that if i map a constant to ZRFC.Response i create an empty response, but then again the problem is my MT_Response, maybe im missing a parameter in the HTTP channel that takes the xml payload?

Edited by: Alexis Alanis on Oct 7, 2008 10:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure HTTP system is sending back the response in UTF - 8 format. Maybe it could be the problem, as we recently faced this kind of an issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply

Well, i was wondering about a format issue but yeah, in the "XI Payload Manipulation" tab, the XML Code parameter is = UTF-8

I'm still not sure why is format of the response is not including the "MT_Response" format..

EDIT: it seems like it was an issue with the response format, thanks all for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis

How did you solve your issue?

Thanks,

Answers (0)