Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Database login failed after upgrade to VS 2008

I am having trouble with one of my reports after upgrading a project from VS 2005 to VS 2008. All reports work fine except for one. The one that doesn't work has a subreport and I am assuming that the subreport is the cause of the problem.

My configuration is - using Crystal Reports Professional XI (11.5.8.826)

The web server has Crystal reports server install, but I know very little about it. When I installed it, I had so much trouble configuring it, I don't know what it is that I finally got to work on the server. I think I ended up installing one of the runtimes a while back to get it working.

When I upgraded my project, I simply opened the project in VS 2008, set the target as .net 3.5, built it and everything works except for this one report.

Can someone please tell me what I need to install, or change on the server to make this work properly?

Is there a way that I can determine how my reports are being served up? As I said, I'm not very familiar with the CR server and I had a lot of trouble with it when I did the initial configuration.

Thanks

Former Member
replied

If it works on one box, not another, you're either looking at permission issues, or runtime issues. Two ways to approach this:

1) As a test, install the CR designer on the box that does not work. See if the report works in the designer, or what you have to do in the designer to make it work

2) Download the modules utility and compare the dlls on the working and non working boxes. Modules can be downloaded from here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip

The download includes instructions on how to use modules.

Ludek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question