cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java version and amount of SAPDATA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to install SAP Solution Manager on Solaris Sparc 10 Zone (64 Bit) with Oracle.

Questions:

1) Which Java version applies for the installation? I have installed 1.4.2.12.

2) Is that problem that the <sid>adm user exist already on the server?

Or should I delete these, because thes will be created with SAPINST?

I run Installation as root-user

3) How much SAPDATA do I need for the installation. I would abolish to have more than 3 SAPDATA. So I have 3 SAPDATA, each 70 GB. Is that ok?

Thank you very much!

regards

Thom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thom,

1) Which Java version applies for the installation? I have installed 1.4.2.12.

Answer: Please go through the note 716604, and also 1.4.2_12 version for JDK is fine. You can go with this.

2) Is that problem that the <sid>adm user exist already on the server?

Answer : It wont be the problem if it exists,but check the owner and modes as per the guide and change it.

3. should I delete these, because thes will be created with SAPINST?

Answer: Yes,users will be created by SAPINST,but if its already exists, you dont need to delete this. If you dont know the changing of owners or modes for the sidadm user. you can delete, it will create by SAPINST.

4.I run Installation as root-user

Answer: Yes. you have to start installation with root user.

5.3) How much SAPDATA do I need for the installation. I would abolish to have more than 3 SAPDATA. So I have 3 SAPDATA, each 70 GB. Is that ok?

Answer: SAP recommends 4 sapdata's. The size is depends on how much data you maintain in the system. Try to create SAPDATA4 and distrube the size to all 4 sapdata's.

Hope you understand this.

Thanks

Kishore

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Questions 1 and 3: read the installation guide.

Question 2: SAINST will find that this user is already created and installation will continue. so, you can leave it there but it will obviously use the previous UID.