cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDIC Locked - Password Logon is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed an IDES (ECC 6.0) on MS SQL 2005. I tried to login to the server using DDIC as the username and the master password that I had setup. However, it didn't allow me to login and after a few tries, it gave a error message that "password logon is not possible". Is it possible to login to the database and change / reset the login? Or is there any alternate solution to fix this issue?

Thanks in Advance,

Jegan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

try this

1. Open SQL server management studio

2. Login

3. Expand the database node

4. Click your specific database and click "New Query"

e.g ->DELETE FROM <sid>.USR02

WHERE BNAME='SAP*' AND MANDT='<client no.>'

==================

DELETE FROM fld.USR02

WHERE BNAME='DDIC' AND MANDT='100'

After you run the script successfully, you can now log on that client using DDIC and password = pass

BR,

krishnamurthy .k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishnamurthy,

Thank you for your information, I tried to use this query and unfortunately, it is not getting executed. The Schema-ID is ID1 and when I try to execute a query to list the contents of table USR02, there is an error message thrown out, that table is not found.

Is there a way to rectify this? Is formatting and re installation the only solution?

Thanks and Regards,

Jegan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

Please note that USR02 is owned by SAP. so you've to give the correct schema-id which owns this table. in this case it would be SAPID1.

DELETE FROM <schema-id>.USR02

hope this helps.

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Thank you for sharing the solution. I will execute this query and will check if this works. Have a good day.

Thanks and Regards,

Jegan Azhagesan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please let me know is it IDES version or Enterprise version..

for IDES client copy is not required, make sure u have created 800 client ...

may be this will help u..

Regards,

Rk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the solutions that you provided. However I was not able to execute the SQL query. I had to completely redo the installation.

What I have installed is an IDES ECC 6.0 on MSSQL. I'm able to access DDIC in client 000 and 001.

I'm not able to access client 800 using SAP* and pass. DDIC is also locked in it.

Is there any way that I can reset the login for client 800 to access the demo data.

Thanks and Regards,

Jegan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

Have you performed a client copy to make 800 client after the new installation?

If not, then 800 is not existing. you can use 000 to do your work, or else you need to do a client copy to make 800 client.

Thanks,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debasis,

Can you please help me through this procedure? I have logged into Client 000 using ddic.

How can I do a client copy to 800.

Thank you in Advance.

Jegan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

If you're using the system for a demo perpose only, there is no need of doing a client copy. you can use 000 client as well.

But if you really in need of doing a client copy - then follow this.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

you have to do a local client copy.

Regards,

Debasis.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

If you're really going to do a client copy...

Follow the the steps...

- login to 000 client. go to SCC4, go to change mode, choose New Entries, enter 800 in client field. Enter a clietn description and a city.

- You can choose client role - customizing, Automatic recording of changes, Chnages to repository and cross client customizing allowed, Protction level 0

- Now login to 800 with sap*/pass, run tcode SCCL, select 000 as source, choose schedule as background job, start immediately.

- choose client copy profile, e.g. SAP_ALL means it'll copy all the data from 000 to 800.

- you can check the client copy log in tcode SCC3.

SAP recommends not to work in the source client during a client copy. and you may not login to 800 during client copy.

check the FAQ note for client copy

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/552711

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Debasis,

Thank you for sharing the information. Since all the IDES Demo data is stored in client 800, if I do a client copy from 000 to 800 is there a posibility for all the data in 800 be deleted? Will I still be able to use the DEMO data for training purpose?

From what I was told was that the client 800 has all the DEMO data used for training in IDES.

Thanks and Regards,

Jegan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

please use the existing 800 client. please don't do the client copy. client copy deletes the data in target system except few cases.

try to login to 800 client with sap* / DDIC with the master password you would have given at the time of installation.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

I'm not able to use login to client 800 using SAP* and the master password that was set during the installation.

Is there any way to reset the login from a SAP GUI. When I get into the Database level, the query is not getting executed.

I tried to view the table USR02 and I get an error message that there the Object is not found.

I tried, SELECT * FROM USR02 WHERE BNAME='SAP*' and MANDT='800';

Let me know if there is any solution for this?

Thanks,

Jegan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

Any of the below should work..

delete from dbo.usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '800';
delete from <SID>.usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '800';
delete from sap<SID>.usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '800';
delete from sapsr3.usr02 where bname = 'SAP*' and mandt = '800';

replace <SID> in the above sqls by your system ID.

by the way, what users do you see in the SQL Server management studio, under your database?

Also check if the below parameter is set in instance profile or not. You can find it in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS<nn>_<host>. (if not set, then set this, and restart SAP.)

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

Then try login with sap*/pass. and change the password of DDIC in SU01.

Regards,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 10, 2008 2:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Debasis and Everyone,

Thank you for sharing your ideas and coming forward to help me with the issue that I had.

I came to know through this forum that I had to Delete BNAME SAP* from Client MANDT 800 from USR02.

When I executed the query, I get an error message that unknown object USR02 or SID.usr02 or whatever I give.

For the solutions, First I shut down the SAP instance from SAP MMC, then I went to MS SQL management Studio and searched for Table USR02 manually and Opened the Table, then Searched for SAP* under MANDT 800.

Once I located the table, I right clicked the entry and selected Delete. I clicked on Save All and then restarted the Server, Started the SAP Instance.

Since the SAP* is deleted manually, the system is picking up the SAP* from Kernel level.

Now I'm able to login to client 800 using SAP* as username and pass as password.

I once again thank Debasis and everyone who came forward and provided the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Jegan Azhagesan

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jegan,

Good to know with the updates! you solved the problem!!

It skipped from my mind that in MSSQL we have also one functionality to directly edit the table in management studio. and why the sql queries didn't work, will still be a question in my mind thought..

Anyways, have fun now. as the problem is solved.

Cheers,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a common error it is looking for the default password of DDIC.

Try to login as SAP* and reset the password to default 19920706.

If you cannot login as SAP* as well. Delete the record of SAP* from the table and respective client.

delete table <sap-schema-id>.USR02 where mandt='<client #>' and bname='SAP*';

The schema-id should be sapsr3 however check it once.

This will allow you to login with SAP* and password pass. Now login and reset the password of DDIC to the default.

Hope this helps.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibya,

My SAP* login is also locked. I will try to get into the database and will see if I can reset it.

Thank you for the information. I will update you shortly.

Thanks,

Jegan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SAP* is locked delete the record from the database as I have mentioned before for the client.

And that will allow you to login to the client with SAP*/pass.

This will work.

- Regards, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jegan,

Make sure that you set the profile parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" value as 0 and restart the instance before you can login with user SAP* and password PASS.

The default value will be 1 for the above mentioned parameter. So without this change, you won't be able to login!

Hoe this helps!

Raj.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try with SAP* too? or SAP* is also locked?

thnx

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I tried to login using SAP* and password as PASS, still not able to login. Do you know which client I should use? I tried 000 and 001.

Thank you,

Jegan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

try this

1. Open SQL server management studio

2. Login

3. Expand the database node

4. Click your specific database and click "New Query"

e.g ->DELETE FROM <sid>.USR02

==================

DELETE FROM fld.USR02

WHERE BNAME='DDIC' AND MANDT='100'

After you run the script successfully, you can now log on that client using DDIC and password = pass

BR,

krishnamurthy .k