cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,I created a Purchase Order in ME21N but I forgot to mark GR-Bsd IV in the section Invoice, and now this check is disabled. My question is: is this check important for the creation of invoice in the transaction MIRO? and how I can mark this check now?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If goods-receipt-based Invoice Verification has been checked for an order item, an invoice for the order item can be entered with reference to a goods receipt document or a delivery note number entered at the time of goods receipt. In the process, a separate invoice item is created for each goods receipt. Checking of price and formal accuracy of the invoice is performed at this item level.

In your case, you can create invoice in MIRO but with reference to PO.

For edit GR Based IV followig settings needs to be done -

spro -

Material Management --- Purchasing -

Purchase Order --- Define screen layout at document level.

Go to FSel ME22n... display it .. go to GR / IR control and check GR based Invoice Verification as optional field.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ganesh

Award if Useful

Edited by: Ganesh Satam on Oct 7, 2008 5:45 AM

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If You want Invoice Verification MIRO Should be Done Against Goods Receipt Only then you Can check this Indicator in Purchase Order.

If this indicator is Set in Purchase Order Line Items, You cannot make Invoice Verification without Goods Receipt.

It depends on you and your Business Process which Process to Follow.

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

In your business it might be sometimes like you want to do the invoice verification only after the goods receipt has been done.

In that case the GR based IV tick has significance. The system will allow you to post the invoice in MIRO only after the goods receipt has been entered in the system

The GR baser IV can also be ticked in the control data in the material master for the vendor so it will be picked in the PO.

The GR based IV check can be redone by going to ME22N and selecting the purchase order.

If we are doing the MIRO referring the PO, the system makes sure that the invoice verification is done only for the invoices whose goods receipt has been done.

Hope it is clear now

Regards

Gregory Mathews

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I not mark this check then I can't create the invoice in MIRO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Gr based invoice is used when ever you would like to perform invoice verification miro using goods reciept as reference.

You can do miro with out gr based check . In that case invoice verification miro is done with reference to purchase order.so gr based invoice verification is not mandatory it is optional

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

GR based invoice controls the invoice reciept, if you flag it

it allows to invoice reciept posting only after goods recieved.

if you want this indicator changable in me22n you need to configur in spro->MM->PUR->PO->Define Screen Layout at Document Level. make it