Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

DP PA Datasource

Hi All

In our DP, we use same APO Prod system for BI stuff, dont have external BI system.

I have trouble in making the Datasource of PA.

Initially, I have successfully created a DataSource (DS) out of the new PA in DEV system. and tpted to Q and P systems. and we have a good Backup cube for the PA and able to extract the data out of PA. We went live. Now i changed the KF settings in the PA by rt click. Though they are changed, my PA DS became non-executable. Now when i re-tpt the DS, with transformations, DTP, it still failing, saying that DS has to be replicated (time stamp). Errors in source system.

DataSource 9AZ*BACKUP does not have the same status as the source system in the Business Information Warehouse.

The time stamp in the source system is 25.09.2008 02:44:26.

The time stamp in the BW system is 24.09.2008 18:19:17.

Procedure

Copy the DataSource again and then activate the transfer rules that belong to it. You have to activate the transfer rules in every case, even if they are still active after the DataSource has been copied.

But when i re-activated the DS in D system, and tpted, still i face the same problem of time stamp. Whats this time stamp.

(let me add this, i did same changes in all 3 systems with KF settings).

I have few fundamental questions here:

In APO PA maintenance screen, Data Extraction tools. Do we need to generate a Tpt Request while clicking the tab, Replicate Datasource ? I have actully deleted that tpt, thinking why i have to tpt a TR from this screen; Why this TR created in PA screen ? I know we replicate by rt clicking the DS in RSA1, after replicating in PA screen. (dont know about the TR here) then we activate the DS in RSA1 and create a TR and activate transformation and tpt the whole thing to Q, P systems. I am really concerned about the TR in PA maintenance screen. What this TR does in Q, P systems ? Is the time stamp related to that ?

If i have to have a TR, then how can i now regenerate the TR in PA screen by clicking ' Replicate Datasource' button ? & What the below button ' Transport DS' does ?

Can anyone pls give me detailed steps in sequence ? so that i can tpt the PA DS successfully.

Also in our 3 systems, we dont have same application component hierarchy for DSs. We have in our D system, DSs are arranged under BW Datasources - BIW- Data marts.

In our Q and P sytems the DSs are arranged under NODESNOTCONNECTED under APO source system. how can we keep all the 3 systems with the same applic. comp Hierarchy ?

My question became too lenghy but it just relates to one problem.

Any help ?

thx

venkat

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question