Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to append rows in an iGrid

I have a form which has 2 iGrid, 3 textboxes and 2 Buttons.

The 3 textboxes where the user enters his selection read as

ModelNo:

SerialNoFrom:

SerianNoTo:

I populate the user selection into the selection grid when the user clicks on the Add To List button.

The selection list will be passed to a SQL query and the results on the query will be displayed in the results grid when the user clicks on the refresh button.

My QUESTION is:

How do I append the results of the query one after the other for different model numbers and the serial number range that the user has selected at one go.

Is there a way to store the results of the query at a temporary palce.

replied

MKG_MKG,

I will go with a simple solution (and the first one that came to mind). Create a hidden field in html. Upon the first query save the sql script to that field. Upon the second query append the second script along with UNION, so the new script has both query scripts and so on as you add to it. When you hit refresh, use that hidden field to overwrite the query associated with the assigned query template. Now that I think about it, you should be able to do the UNION appending to the current script (SQL_Query property named Query) and simply update the query in the template using the same technique. Give it a try and if you run into technical difficulties, repost. I know there are other methods possible, so others, please chime in.

Note: This query is not saved as part of the template. This is only for dynamic adjustments in the webpage.

Good luck,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Oct 7, 2008 5:51 PM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question