cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to change an existing ITS port 81 to 80

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently, I have a working ITS system which will need to change from port 81 to 80. The ITS is running on Window 2003 server and using IIS.

Can anyone tell me the steps which will require for the port change?

<b>Additional infomation:</b>

- ITS 6.20

- Internet Explorer 6

- R/3 4.6C

- Our ESS/MSS is implemented in our Portal system.

- The Portal and the ITS system are both on different boxes with different IP address.

This is an urgent modification and I'll appreciate any assistance or suggestion. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's fairly simple if you are running IIS (and probably other web servers but I do not know the innner-workings of these systems) You will need to make sure that another website is not running on Port 80. If so, you will need to delete the website, restart the computer and then reconfigure the ITS website to port 80

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had changed the other website that was using port 80 to another port num and changed the ITS port number to 80 in the IIS. I restarted the computer and I encountered a message asking to download a file when accessing the ITS directly (see below).

<b>File Download - Securtity Warning

Do you want to save this file?

Name: !

Type Unknown File Type, 184 KB

Do I have to delete the website that was using port 80 and recreate it again for this to work in the IIS?

Do I have to make any modifiction to the ItsRegistryWGATE.xml?

Thanks ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello T.Ng,

if the <url> section in the wgate configuration file contains port information (pointing to 81), you will have to change that, yes. You will need to restart the web server after changing to ItsRegistryWGATE.xml.

Regards,

Jan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh...and restart the ITS service. I would also restart the IIS\Web Service just for good measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, there are no registry entries for ITS 6.20. I think you need to update your global.srvc file and update the parameter listed below

~portunsecure 80