cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration for Message Exchange in integration process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a beginner in SAP XI (7.0) and trying to develop an integration process for a purchase order.

There will be sent a message via Http to a receiver with Ftp.

So for the integration process are two communication channels necessary which will be defined in the integration directory:

One for the Sender: Http.

One for the receiver: Ftp.

Within the integration process are some sender and receiver steps with Bapi's.

My questions are:

- how and where could these sendings to a Bapi (send step) and from a Bapi (receive step) be configured?

- is it possible at all to configure a communication channel for these sending and receiving steps within a integration process?

Thanks for your help!

Zoran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>how and where could these sendings to a Bapi (send step) and from a Bapi (receive step) be configured?

Is it synchronous call to bapi? If yes, use send sync step else use send async and receive async steps and correlation.

>>is it possible at all to configure a communication channel for these sending and receiving steps within a integration process?

configure your channels in ID.

one suggestion:

Check the option of RFC lookup to avoid BPM.

Thanks,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> configure your channels in ID.

>

> one suggestion:

> Check the option of RFC lookup to avoid BPM.

>

> Thanks,

> Beena.

Thanks for the quick response.

I mean sending and receiving steps to-Bapi-and-backwards within the integration process.

Should theses sending and receiving steps be configured in the ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you would need config for;

BPM --> BAPI Req

BAPI Res --> BPM for async scenario

BPM --> BAPI for sync scenario.

Thanks,

Beena.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

yes you need a receiver determination.

receiver-> BAPI(R/3)

sender-> BPM.

regards,

Milan

Former Member
0 Kudos

That really means that every sending and receiving step has to be configured in the ID?

I got about 9 objects (in these 9 are send and receive included).

I tried to use the the integration scenario but it isn't so easy as it seems.

Is it really like some SAP books tell that the integration scenario is the recommended way to configure the integration process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi zoran,

That really means that every sending and receiving step has to be configured in the ID?

NO

you can go ahead without configuariong the integration scenario in IR...it is not compulsary...

Is it really like some SAP books tell that the integration scenario is the recommended way to configure the integration process?

go through this link which gives u clear idea:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/86/80163f6b5baa09e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

All sending and receiving steps not required to be configured in ID. Without much config also they work

What is the exact requirement you have may be you can do it without BPM

When you are dealing with standard SAP scenario Integration scenario is the best way for development. In case of custom solutions sometimes Integration scenario never satisfy what all you have to do to make it working.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Process which should be implemented in the integration process within the XI could be described as follows:

Demand for a material is send via HTTP to XI

XI does a material availability check to the SAP system

A material reservation has to be done if there are any materials available in the stock (inventory) to the SAP system

If there is no material available a purchase order to a supplier (no SAP) has to be done via FTP

Parallel to the purchase order a purchase order confirmation is send to the the SAP system.

The supplier sends a purchase order confirmation to XI

The XI sends a purchase order confirmation to the SAP system

Are some standard procedures available for that kind of process?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There doesn't exist any such standard procedure. U may or may not use BPM in ur case.

Without BPM, u may receive data asynchronously from the sender HTTP client, make an RFC lookup in the SAP system to identify whether the Material is present in SAP system or not.

Then if there is a proper RFC response, then u may use multiple receivers at receiver determination step and send data to FTP and SAP server in parallel.

With BPM, u may also configure Sync call from the sender HTTP client. U may avoid RFC lookup and use a Sync send step instead.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Yes, you would need config for;

>

> BPM --> BAPI Req

> BAPI Res --> BPM for async scenario

>

> BPM --> BAPI for sync scenario.

If I am configuring for BPM to BAPI Req and backwards is it necessary to make a communication channel?

I thought communication channels are only for communication between systems (senders and receiver systems).

I have to do the process wiht BPM.

I will post the integration process with a short description of the steps which have been made.

Greetings,

Zoran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoran

While using BPM as well you will need to have communication channels.

BPM - > BAPI request.

BAPI response -> BPM

both sender and receiver channels are required for you.

1.Demand for a material is send via HTTP to XI

2.XI does a material availability check to the SAP system

3.A material reservation has to be done if there are any materials available in the stock (inventory) to the SAP system

4.If there is no material available a purchase order to a supplier (no SAP) has to be done via FTP

5.Parallel to the purchase order a purchase order confirmation is send to the the SAP system.

6.The supplier sends a purchase order confirmation to XI

7.The XI sends a purchase order confirmation to the SAP system

If i understood your requirement correctly and you want to use BPM. You need to do following in BPM

Receivestep1(receive HTTP post) -> transform1(mapping to BAPI request) ->send step1(Send BAPI request to SAP) -> Receivestep2 (Receive BAPI response from SAP) -> Transform2 (Map BAPI response to File)-> send2(File post to non SAP supplier)-> Receive3(receive purchase order confirmation)-> transform3(map to SAP purchase order confirmation)-> send3(Purchase order confirmation to sap)

You need no of channels

1.Receive 1 - (HTTP)

2.Send1/Receive2 - (RFC)

3.Send2 - (FTP)

4. Receive3( HTTP or FTP)

5. For purchase order confirmation.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

>

> While using BPM as well you will need to have communication channels.

ok. but the sap help says that no communication channels can be assigned.

i am using the integration process as a service to send and receive messages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ok. but the sap help says that no communication channels can be assigned.

Yes you don't have to create communication channels for IP at configuration. But to operate in and out of BPM you may need to have Communication channels for the Business system or service ( example: SAP system and non SAP Supplier)

Hope this clarify

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the help!

Zoran

Edited by: Zoran Lazic on Oct 25, 2008 12:00 AM

Answers (0)