cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create reports in an older format (e.g., Crystal Reports 8 or 9)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Crystal Reports XI in house, but a number of our applications (e.g., Epicor billing software, Star Projects, etc) use Crystal Reports 8 or 9 reports. Occasionally we need to change these reports. Up to this point, we've been sending the files out to consultants to make the sometimes-simple revisions, but it seems like a bad process.

I know that we can't create version 8 reports with our version 11 software, but can we download an older version of Crystal Reports somewhere so as to do this work ourselves? Or are we just tied at the hip with our consultants?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

If you have CR9 then you can open and edit XI reports there though you would lose any of the functionality used in XI (but if the reports are created in 8 or 9 then it wouldn't be using XI only functionality). Versions prior to 9 are not backward compatible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't own a full version of Crystal Reports 8. I do have a few programs that use version 8 reports (for which I use the appropriate viewer), but I only own Crystal Reports XI. As a result, I'm wondering whether I can download something or buy an older version so as to enable me to do this work myself.

Answers (0)