cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP1 and Guided Procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In EHP1, the Guided Procedure was fully replaced by Galaxy? I've saw that only Web Dynpro GUI can be used. Does anybody know if have plan to support Visual Composer too?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

I checked it with my installation and it seems to be left out. For sure Guided Procedures will be replaced by NetWeaver BPM!

It sounds like you haven't configured your NWDS completely. You have to perform an update which will also install de Visual Composer.

However, integration of VC components and BPM is not possible in this relase yet. I will be possible in the future.

Best Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The VC composer editor is present on my NWDS. But the EHP1haven't the roles to GP.

Best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

the new SAP NetWeaver Business Process Management (Galaxy) doesn't replace Guided Procedures in SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 EhP1. Both components are part of CE 7.1 EhP1 and both can be used to model composite processes. In EhP1, BPM only supports WebDynpro UIs but in the next release, Visual Composer will be also supported.

If you built processes with GP in the past and now want to go for Galaxy, we will provide a transition guide.

Regards, Birgit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks by response,

The EHP1 previous, available on SDN, haven't the GP roles. Do you know if is necessary to create manually?

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Birgit,

I am interesting on transition from GP to galaxy. May i know where can i find the transition guide? And if it is supported in EhP1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Isaias,

thanks a lot for your hint. It seems GP is not included in the preview version by mistake. I will check this again and will come back to you as soon as I will have clarified and could provide a solution.

Best regards,

Birgit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jane,

the transition guide has not yet published. As soon as the transition guide is published I will let you know.

GP is fully supported with EhP1. It seems that it is not part of the preview version by mistake. I am looking into this issue in detail and will provide a solution asap.

Best regards,

Birgit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Birgit,

does galaxy support webdynpro for abap?

Best regards

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Birgit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Unfortunately, the integration of Web Dynpro for ABAP in BPM is not supported for EhP1.

Best regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Isias,

please note that it depends on your selection before downloading the preview version to have GP available:

In [Download selection|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/20877bcc-bb51-2b10-aa8b-8308ed488199] selct the first Option "Composition Environment (contains Java EE).

The GP roles are available in the UME but you have to assign them to the respective User via [user admin|http://localhost:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcsecumewdumeadmin/UmeAdminApp].

Enter your user, mark it and select modify in the left down "Details of User...". In available roles, select "all Data Sources" as search criteria, enter gp and select go. Mark all the roles you will need and press add. Don't forget to save this assignment.

Let me know if this solves your problem, as with the check of the original installation, the preview version in SDN is based on, the roles are available.

Kind regards

Berndt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The version that i've installed really doesn't have the roles, so i've downloaded the current version and it is ok.

Best regards