Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Maintainance Generator not Displaying field Headings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have Created a Table maintainance generator for a Ztable and i have assigned it to a Transaction,here my problem arrives,when i run the Transaction,while viewing the

table contents two fields are dispalying without field headings,these two fileds are

displaying with '+' as there field headings,here both the fileds are having field labels.

Regards,

Vijaya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that you didn't use the Data elements for that field. When you use the Generic data types to define your field and create your table maintenance than you will get "+" as the heading.

Create a data element and give the proper texts in it.

Assign this data element for your field instead of the generic data types.

Now, delete your table maintaince generator

and Recreate it .

Otherway, is you can open the Function group in SE80

Open your Screen in the Screen painter

Put the Heading for that column.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that you didn't use the Data elements for that field. When you use the Generic data types to define your field and create your table maintenance than you will get "+" as the heading.

Create a data element and give the proper texts in it.

Assign this data element for your field instead of the generic data types.

Now, delete your table maintaince generator

and Recreate it .

Otherway, is you can open the Function group in SE80

Open your Screen in the Screen painter

Put the Heading for that column.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank You Very Much....

Problem was Solved.

Regards,

Vijaya

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you don't maintain the Lables in the Dataelemt short/medium/long and Heading you will see '+' symbols in the Table maintenance. to get rid of that you may have to change the Dataelement. if you don't want then you have to go and change the screen mentioned in the table maintenance.

Caution: when you regenerating all the changes will be lost. so you have to take care of screen changes when ever you do any changes.