Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1iSN Installation - Tomcat version

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is the current environment and I would like to ask if there is a specific Tomcat version that is recommended or could I install the latest one available. Please advice

Windows 2003 Server Enterprise edition (all windows updates)

SQL 2005 SP2

JDK 1.4.2_18

SQL JDBC_1.2.2828.102

XML 4.0 SP2

SBO 2007A PL41

Thanks

Suda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

The B1iSN package in 2007A comes with a Tomcat that is installed when you install the server. You can also configure it with the server tool component.

I don't know if there's a way not to use the standard Tomcat, but my advice is to use the standard.

HTH,

Ian

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

Thanks for the info. I read an SAP Note which recommends, B1iSN2007 with JRE 1.5.0 and Tomcat 5.5.x

Is there an update version of B1iSN2007 other then the one on the Product CD?

Suda

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Suda,

The installation on the SAP Business One 2007A CD is not the correct version of B1i to install. This is B1iP2007 and does not contain the content ... only the B1i Platform.

The B1iSN2007 version to install is located on the SAP PartnerEdge Portal and has to be downloaded from the Software Distribution area.

Eddy

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddy,

I saw your reply to some other thread which also pointed to download B1iP2007 from Partner Edge Portal. But I searched for the download files but for some reason I could not find them.

I went here https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/swdc ..clicked on Search for Software and searched and found only

SAP Business One Integration Toolkit 1.5 Function Modules .... ..

What should I be searching for?

Please let me know

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

Just to clarify what I think Eddy means. First, the installation CD comes with B1iP which is a generic integration platform for B1. B1iP uses Tomcat as the underlying.

B1iSN is the integration application to handle integration between SAP systems with preconfigured scenarios. In 2007 has two flavors, the synchronization that is between B1-R/3 and B1-B1 in transaction level, and reporting between B1 and SAP Business Warehouse. The application should've been available in the SAP portal long ago for partner, I think it's because is in ramp-up. Anyway, I'm hoping Eddy can help you (us) here.

Regards,

Ian

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Suda/Ian,

As you stated Ian ... B1iSN2007 is in ramp-up and not expected to exit ramp-up until November 2008. Unless a partner is part of ramp-up ... they cannot download B1iSN2007 from the SAP PartnerEdge Portal.

Eddy

Answers (0)