cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REDO Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. I am a BW developer and interested to know if there is a way to delete/clean redo logs on a particular table. For example: I have an ODS and I would like to delete its redo logs each time after it is loaded from the source system. Is it possible to do so? I believe on oracle it is doable but I would just like to do this on a table level if possible

Thank you,

Syed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Debasis..

Are you saying that redo logs can NEVER be deleted at all (even on oracle level) or just on an individual table level?

Syed.

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On an individual table level, it can't be done.

but it can be deleted from Oracle level, which is generally done when we do a system copy let's say from production to quality for refreshing the data from production to quality and then delete the restored redo log of production in quality box.

for a basic understanding ..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/e693df6e23b94fb953b780cf8e28e5/frameset.htm

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 6, 2008 11:46 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Unfortunately it can't be done. If you want to delete something then you've to do it from application level. (note - the deletion will also be recored in the redo logs!)

Database redo logs are for keeping entries for redo purpose if needed. every activity is being recorded in it.

thnx,

Debasis.

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 6, 2008 11:32 PM