cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating a Gross Profit on a Sales BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BOM (Sales Item) that is composed of one Item. Whenever I sell one quantity of the BOM I change the quantity of the component as per how much was delivered. This is done so that the client always pays a fixed price but may receive different quantities and I can keep track of inventory. This works fine, but when I want to check my profitability by AR Document Gross Profit it always comes out at 100% and does not take into consideration the different quantities (cost) that was required to complete the transaction. What settings must I put in place to get the Gross Profit on the transaction?

thx,

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Richard,

There has been quite a few posts in the recent month on the same topic. Please search for term

Sales BOM or Sales BOM Gross Profit 100%

You should get your answer

one of them -

Suda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out what I wanted to accomplish, I have a base Item that gets used in many other items as the single component in the BOM. I have created a FMS that goes and gets the cost of the base item multiplies it by the used quantity and then calculates the profit from the line total of the BOM

Thank you for your responses

Richard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard

Can you elaborate on the FMS? Can it be automated?

jitin_chawla
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread and the links mentioned. It will help in your case :

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

The Sales BOM item has no cost. It is only a tool to sell actual component item inside the BOM. There are quite a few threads discuss it already. Please check them out.

Thanks,

Gordon