cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed URL Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

I just installed Crystal Reports Server 2008 and published a report. I would like to form a URL that I can post that would directly launch the report and prompt the user for parameters. Is this possible? I read some documentation (see below link) on URL commands but I'm not sure how to find the ID of my report since it doesn't look like I have access to Crystal Reports Repository Explorer or query builder from the CRS installation.

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/en/BOE_SDK/boesdk_dotNet_doc/doc/boe...

Your help is appreciated!

mandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mandy;

What version of Visual Studio NET are you using to access Crystal Reports Server to create the URL?

There is no .NET SDK for Crystal Reports Server 2008 at this time. It should be released soon but I do not have a date as yet.

There is an SDK for Java and Crystal Reports Server 2008.

The Developer Library will give you information on creating the URL under "OpenDocument parameters" for both .NET and Java.

If you have the full Crystal Reports Server 2008 installation you should find Query Builder in your Start | Programs list under Crystal Reports Server 2008.

Elaine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not using Visual Studio or any other language. Perhaps I've posted my question in the wrong forum. I would like to create a static URL that I can post for people to be able to access the report over and over again.

I also do not see the query builder under the all programs list on the server.

Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Mandy;

If you are working only within Crystal Reports Server, you need to post to "BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration".

I will see about having the thread moved.

Elaine