cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

making a chart's trendline bold based on formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am drawing line charts for a set of points.These points will be selected from the .aspx page.Then there is a button which when clicked will generate report.The number of charts displayed will be equal to the number of selected points.Each of these line charts have trendlines too.The user specifies an upper and lower limit for the perchange in the bending of the trendline.Formula for it is is (slope of trendline * no of days) / intercept of trendline * 100.Now if the calculated value is not within specified range I need to make the trendline bold.

If it cannot be done with the trendline even a label displaying such kind of message will do.But I cannot figure out how to do all this.

Please help me out.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Varsha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Varsha,

You won't be able to conditionally bold a line in a chart but you could use 2 different charts, 1 that has a bold (or even just thicker) trendline and one that is normal. Set on on top of each other and then conditionally suppress them based on the values the user inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how do I programatically specify the condition.Here the user can select as many points he wants and for each point a comparison with a calculated value(calculated in c# code) has to be made and based on that the graph can be supressed .But how to write this conditional formula.

Please help

Answers (0)