cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Currency Valuation: problem with exchange rates (EURX)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set Foreign Currency Valuation functionality and we have defined the Valuation Methods.

In the first stage of the implementation all company codes had EUR defined as company currency so we configured the Valuation Methods with 'EURX' as ExchRate Type for Debit and Credit Balances and only EURX exchange rates are maintained in the system.

Then we configured a new company code that its currency is GBP. When we try to run Foreign Currency Valuation for that CoCode the valuations for EUR-GBP are correctly done using EURX exchange rates. Valuation por USD-GBP are not correctly done in my understanding because GPB-USD exchange rate is not maintained.

We expected that exchange rate in Foreign Currency Valuation would be derived by the system based in EURX/GBP-EUR & EURX/USD-GBP exchange rate.

Does anybody knows if that assumption above is correct? We are not sure because it seems not do it in production but I think (not sure at all) it is doing in testing environment.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rafael,

I think the assumption is not completely correct. Some exchange rates do come with the system and also some translation ratios.

However, not all of them are available. In my experience I had to configure translation ratios (OBBS) and maintain exchange rates (OB08) for currencies like ILS, PHP and KRW.

So I think you will have to maintain them at your end.

Regards,

Vishal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean If I configure in trx OBBS (table TCURF) a translation rate for USD-GBP for example (EURX USD-GBP 1) the system will be able to derivate exchange rate at Foreign Currency Valuation for USD-GBP based on the exchange rates EURX/GBP-EUR & EURX/USD-EUR maintained in the system?

Thanks in advance

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I do this configuration in OBBS

M-USD-GBP 01.01.1800: 1 EURX

and

EURX-USD-GBP 31.01.2008: 1

the system derive USD-GBP exchange rate from EURX/USD-EUR & EURX/GBP-EUR stored in the system in invoice posting and Foreign Currency Valuation.

Former Member
0 Kudos