cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Email not functioning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Our incoming email functionality is not working in the CRM workflow. The outgoing is working fine. When we tried to send through Business workplace, this is wht we are getting in the outlook:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

ggggggg.xxx on 10/5/2008 1:01 AM

Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.

<hhhhhhh.xxx #4.4.7>

Anykind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all enable the inbound mail trace in SCOT -> Utilities -> Trace -> Internal trace -> Inbound "On".

Secondly increase the trace level of the ICM to level 3 im SMICM -> Goto -> Trace level -> Set "3"

Then telnet directly into the SMTP plug-in using the commands outlined in SAP Note 607108.

Please post the complete telnet test from 607108 as well as the SCOT trace and also the last couple of lines of the dev_icm trace level 3 showing the connection (It will start after the helo

command) and we will be able to see exactly what the problem is.

Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finaly issue is resolved all we need to do is right click in the SCOT TXcode and click "Queue OFF".

Hmm very very strange

former_member203694
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

will you explain where do you right click in SCOT, on any node ?, i'm not able to right click anywhere in this t-code.

Thanks in Advance,

Rakesh Paal

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it would help if you tell us what you already did to try to get this to work. But I guess you didn't do anything and just hope it will work all by itself (which will not work as you might have guessed by now).

Just do a little searching in SAPHelp for configuring incoming e-mails, it is explained there. And off course make sure the mail server relays the message to the SAP server.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Its very sad that you concentrated more on pointing a finger instead of giving me ideas. Though there is no need for me to prove that i did research, for your satisfaction im explaining you what i did. I configured the email setup according to the note # 455140 and problem analysis according to the note # 607108. And mail server is indeed relaying message to message server.

Hope SDN has negative point system.

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would have helped if you would have given this information in your first post. Without it I can only make a lot of guesses on what you did and where the problem may be. This could lead to a very long thread in which we go back and forth trying to get to an answer. So as stated in the forum guidelines, the more information in the first post the better the chances are the problem will be solved quicker.

So you did the check in note 607108 and tested if e-mails can arrive at SAP. And I take it it worked. So the receiving part shouldn't be a problem. Then the problem should be outside of SAP, so in the part from the exchange server to SAP. Did you check with networking guys if they could see the message pass through all the firewalls?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I checked with networking guys and they did said that SAP is rejecting it and everything is fine from the exchange side. They also sent screenshot showing the entries of the SAP system. The problem im guessing is in the workflow but i dont know how the workflow works and we do have no CRM people (done with theirs contracts).

So any help could be great.

Thanks

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So the e-mail is rejected by SAP? This sounds like the e-mail address it is send to is in the format userid at sapserver so SAP cannot relate it to a user. Or there is no processing class in SO50.

But it is not so much a workflow problem, because the workflow doesn't receive the e-mail.

You say they gave you a screen shot with the SAP entries, what kind of entries are those? Also did this work once and has it stopped working or did it never work?

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the email is rejected by SAP.This used to work..it stopped from last 3 weeks...we thought might be problem in exchange and checked it..the screen shot given consists the user name which is entered in Inbound distribution in SCOT. Yes the e-mail address is in the format userid@sapserver. I did not hear about processing class so50 but i found that there is an aesterik (*) entry in the recipient address. The way is tested is.. i went into SBWP T-CODE and sent email to the userid@sapserver and it bounced back into my outlook saying

userid@sapserver*

*Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.*

*<aaaaa.yyyyyyy.xxx #4.4.7>*

, Could you please guide me more on this.

Thanks a lot

martin_nooteboom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, when it used to work and it stopped at a certain point start with finding out what happened around the time it stopped. Are there any transports done, are patches applied, that kind of thing.

So in transaction SO50 there is an * in the recipient address and is the exitname still filled?

Also check in transaction SICF if the SAPConnect service is still active and check if the user which is used in the service is not locked, still valid and if the password has not changed.

Also double check the configuration per note 455140.

Regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find that there are some transports done but when asked the developers they said that they did not touch anything related to email, also the transports have been in Production which is fine.

In SO50 the recipient address is * and exit name also still there (is there anything we need to do with this like maintaining entry at different location). I deactivated and activated the service in SICF and globally unlocked the user used. But the problem still exists. Im checking the configuration again.

Thanks

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Trx SO16, under tab SEND , if by mistake the option "No sending between R/3 users" is enabled.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imthiaz,

The option is not enabled. Any other ideas.

Thanks

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SO28 also.

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO28 is same as inbound distribution of SCOT which is given a recipient address of userid* .

What more can i check here?

Thanks

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The way is tested is.. i went into SBWP T-CODE and sent email to 
the userid@sapserver and it bounced back into my outlook saying

Just noticed. As per the above, Are you creating a test message in SAP and trying to send it to an SAP user. Or you are sending a test message from Outlook to an SAP user?

Regards, IA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im trying to send a test message to SAP user in SAP system not from the outlook.

Anyideas are helpful

Thanks