cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Process on Blackberry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement in Blackberry Approval process.

A Corporation currently has SAP Workflow and they are currently using it to send PR items via Outlook to the approver of these PRs. The approver then gets an email which contains a link to the Portal where he/she approves or rejects the PR.

Now, along with the email to the approver, the approver should also get the PRs on his/her Blackberry and should be able to approve or reject the PRs from the Blackberry Device itself.

I would be grateful if anybody could guide me in this.

Thanks and regards.

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks !

We need to approval a WF via Blackberry. But, we are thinking, that the user should receive the WF request in a MS Exchange Mail. Then, the user open the mail, and he have the 3 action buttons (Accept , Reject, Back) and a subject and details of the approval ....

Is it possible this scenario opening the mail in a Blackberry device ?

This way, we don't need to construct an application to approve workflows on blackberry ....

Thanks in advance.

Julio Bordakevich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil. I have some questions. It is likely to use BSP or ITS for this? 'm Also using a BlackBerry for approval process.

Thanks and regards.

Víctor Enzo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I done an implementation similar to this one in the past.

Technically you have to use the BAPI called SAP_WAPI* to have a list per user. You can then use different WAPIs to complete the workitems.

Is the requirement is online or offline?

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the reply

Can you please give me the solution in detail?

It is an online scenario.

Thanks and Regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Well giving the complete solution wouldn't be fair to you! You wouldn't learn in the process... Look at those WAPI and ask questions in the workflow forum and you should be good.

For online scenarios, a web dyn pro application configured to serve Blackberry will be just perfect. If your requirement is to have that outside a webbrowser, you will have to create an application that call web services in the backend. Again there is no need for MI or SAP mobile technologies here.

Thanks,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Thanks for the help and I agree with u :-).

As I mentioned before, my requirement is for PR release.

I explored all the "SAPI_WAPI* " BAPIs and narrowed down on SAP_WAPI_CREATE_WORKLIST to get all the work items for a particular user.

Now for approval or rejection of this work item, I found the BAPI - SAPI_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE.

But when i give the workitem id for PR release to the above BAPI, it says " the workitem <Workitem no> is not a user decision".

I would be greatful if u could help me in this??

Which is the right BAPI for Approval/Rejection of PR release work item??

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You have exactly the right BAPI here. The error refers to the type of approval step you are trying to complete. It has to be of task_type W and task_ID TS* (or any specific task).

In the workflow editor, you open that task and check how the decision is done. It must have a decicion as a choice.

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

The task type of the work item is 'W' and task_id is TS*.

As I told previously, the scenario here is of Releasing/Rejecting a PR.

The present scenario here is, the approver gets the workitem in his MS outlook inbox, with a Link for approval.

When he/she clicks on the link, it navigates to the tcode me54n of the sap system, where the approver has to take a decision of releasing or rejecting the PR.

So, I dont think the BAPI SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE will be of help to me because the decision here is taken in the transaction me54n and not on the workitem itself.

But now, when i configure this scenario on a blackberry, the approver should be able to take the decision of Releasing/ Rejecting the PR on his blackberry itself(without going to the transaction me54n).

Can you please help me on this?

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No sorry, this cannot be done from workflow api as the transaction is from another part of the system. You would have to look into that transaction and create a WebService that will provide that kind of behavior form the BB.

Thank you,

Julien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

Could you please help me on the process of sending an approval/rejection options to B berry.I have goggled a lot but cud'nt find much information.Since iam new to workflow.All i need is once the credit memo is created in workflow, it goes for approval process.So the same thing we need to send to blackberry mobile.Pls help me in achieving the above requirement.

Regards,

Priyank