cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI in purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP professionals,

I encounter an error message " Sender partner number in condition record is default" when the vendor releases for a MM SA are releases released thro EDI. It looks like the releases are released thro EDI. but I could not see any Idoc for this transaction.

I have checked partner profiles by calling up WE20 and the message control for outbound parameters look all right. NACE, the output type for partner function is set up all right. I could not figure out what I am missing.

Could any one of you please give me some suggestions on this?.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Please see the diagonosis of this error message

EDI: Sender partner number in control record is default

Message no. EA608

Diagnosis

An error was identified in the control record while adding an IDoc. No value has been entered for the sender partner number, which is not permitted.

Procedure

Please inform your system administrator

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assumed before that it was this message, I just wanted to make it certain.

Where do you see this message if you cannot see the IDOC?

Have you checked the 2 OSS notes, especially the one with the language dependencies of partner setup in We20 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

EA608

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have called up WE05. The selection parameters are

Create date - blank

Direction - 1

Partner type - LI

Partner number

The system looking for sender partner number is defaulted. I don't know where to look for this. If at all any chage in customizing is to be changed where would I do that. Could you please elaborate me more on this?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

This OSS note is for more of FI stuff as you mentioned. I did not see any information helpful to me to resolve the issue I had. thank you so much for your positive reply.

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems I read this OSS note differently, fo me it has more than 90 % general information, and just avery few Finance specific.

At least it gives you plenty of transactions to check your customizing.

Have you executed WEDI transaction and gone thru step by step?

The message says that your own number is missing in the control record of the IDOC.

How did you search for IDOCs? did you use WE05 transaction, what selection did you use?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you tell the exact error message number ?

Check following OSS notes: 988142 and 456127

Edited by: Jürgen L. on Oct 6, 2008 9:22 PM

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recommend to read OSS note 551035 (even it has Finance in the title, it has very usefull tipps for EDI and IDOCs in general. I am sure it helps you to find the error origin)