cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can creat souse list for material with valuation type?

sb_er
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have material master with different valuation type. I want to create source list of material with valuation type? Is that possible? Please give clear answer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible to create a source list. (But source list will not have any information about valuation type)

This info is to be maintained in info record.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can have this with a custom transaction code.

You can take the help of ABAPers in this to develop a program copying from SAPLMEOR (ME01) and create a Y or Z t-code by adding a coloumn Valuation type. and make that field as mandatory so that user should not miss while maintaining source list for such material.

Anand K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And what should this change in the program be good for?

If you dont change the table EORD as well it will not get stored anywhere, and when you open the source list next time the mandatory field is empty again .

And even you extend the table EORD to store this new field, you would have to change many more programms to make this field recognized.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have data stored seperately in transperent table e.g. Yxzt_EORD.

See the Example below.

Program name XYZ_MEOR

Screen number 0205

Program name XYZ_MEOR

Status A

Transparent tabl Yxzt_EORD

Field name BWTAR

Search help H

Data element BWTAR_D

DE supplement 0

Parameter ID BWT

Screen field Yxzt_EORD-BWTAR

Thank you,

Anand K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure you can have data stored wherever you want, but what is it good for? how can this data be used without changing many other programs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently in SAP we define source list at Plant level.

Advantages of Creating custom source list at Valuation type(condition of material) level.

1) Ability to specify different supply sources based on the condition(i.e.Valuation types e.g. New, Overhaul, Repair etcu2026) of the material.

2) Automatic source determination of split valued materials not possible if different sources for new and Repair material, services exist.

3) Accurate visibility of customer orders and planned delivery dates.

4) To avoid incorrect sourcing of purchase orders related to split valued materials.

Automation of finding the correct supply source inside the SAP R/3 system. This will allow efficient process of purchase requisitions into purchase orders, which would also include enabling automatic purchase order creation. It would also significantly reduce the risk of incorrectly sourcing the material to the wrong vendor.

Thanks,

Anand Kadani

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The advantages are clear, but I still believe you did not tell the full story.

You certainly had to modify the source determination as well, otherwise your Z table would not be considered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I will agree that A little extra development is required to provide end to end solution.

1. Create a custom table(ZEORD) to hold the source list information at Valuation type level. This table will look identical to the standard SAP source list table EORD except it will have added the field BWTAR(Valuation type) as part of the key.

Table ZEORD

MANDT MATNR WERKS BWTAR ZEORD LIFNR etc. u2026

110 380001-1 1000 NEW 01 10005 u2026

110 380001-1 1000 REPAIR 01 10509 u2026

110 380001-1 1012 REPAIR 01 10509 u2026

u2022 After the user enters the material and plant the program would need to check if the material is split valued or not. (Check MBEW-BWTTY = u2018Zu2019)

u2022 If it is NOT split valued: Call the standard SAP source list transaction ME01 and skip first screen to let the user enter the source list information. This data will be stored in the standard SAP source list table EORD.

u2022 If it is split valued: Call the second screen of the program that emulates the logic of screen SAPLMEOR 0205 with the addition of the valuation type field and saves the data in the custom table ZEORD which was mentioned above.

Create a customer project and assign user exit for source determination to it.

Change the code to allow a custom source of supply check and search.

u2022 First check if the material is split-valued (Check MBEW-BWTTY = u2018Zu2019).

u2022 If it is NOT split valued: Exit function-exit and allow the SAP standard source of supply determination.

u2022 If it is split valued: Read table ZEORD to obtain source of supply information per the valuation type and pass it to the purchase requisition.

Thanks,

Anand K

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have material master with different valuation type. I want to create source list of material with valuation type? Is that possible

Source List Doesnot contain any Option for Valuation type. But, You Can Maintian it in Purchase Info Record.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can make a report with the transacction SQVI (Quick Viewer), use this tables:

MARA - Material Master: General data

MBEW - Material valuation

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you maintian to the info record than system will take that into account through source list.