cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use pop-in's for cells

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table with 5 columns. For each cell i need to maintain some text. Like Row-Popin's can we do a cell pop-in ?

I have checked the program WDR_TEST_TABLE. There they have used the Linkto action based on the value of the field. But in my case all the fields in the 5 columns are Input fields. So i have used OnEnter action event. Ifts not working out.

Any Suggessions to handle Cell Pop-in's in a table having input fields ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

There is no such thing as a Pop-in at the cell level. What do you want to display in this extra area and on what user interaction? Have you considered the use of the Explanation property?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas, Thanks for the reply.

As per the screen shot that i have sent, we have 31 columns with input fields. Say Ex: user has entered a no of hrs in the first column. We have to provide the option to him such that he can enter some remarks for that cell i mean for the hrs that he entered.

I have also seen some documentation regading Cell pop-in's in the below link. I am trying it and cant get the right solution.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b5/ac884118aa1709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Edited by: Manjunath CN on Oct 7, 2008 5:47 AM

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As I said there is no such thing a cell popin. I'm not sure from a user interface design standpoint there is a really good solution to this as long as your data entry is within a table. In my opinion you just are packing too much information into too small a space.

In a cell editor you can't combine multiple UI elements and you have a limited set of UI elements that can be used. I don't see anything that would allow what you describe. I could only see maybe adding a second set of columns to your table so that for each input column you also have a corresponding button or link that launches a dialog to allow for the additional input of data.

However having seen your screen design it does seem like that would be a very busy screen. Perhaps you should rethink the design of the application overall.

Answers (0)