Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Cube with Services

prem_kool
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using a virtual cube with services - function module.

I am trying to debug process of running query using RSRT. ( I also used SE30). I find that the Function Module is not being called.

What changes need to be done to the program / code / cube so that the function module is being called?

Would appreciate earliest response.

I promise to award points.

Thanks,

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in ur function module that u ave written on the R/3 side, see what values u import and what u export?

try to test the FM in R/3 itself o see if it is acting properly.

When u run RSRT, in the BW side put a break point in the transfer rules or transformations whee u map the rules to your virtual cube and then debug to see waht is happening.

prem_kool
Participant
0 Kudos

Raj,

The function module is written in BW only.

I think it is not being called. Because when I do SE37 and do "where used" list for this FM, I do not get anything.

Do I need to include it in ZXRSRU01?

If yes, may I know the syntax?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

I am not understanding this. The FM usually be on the R/3 side. that is where the data is pulled from for a virtual cube. So if you have written it in BW, that is the problem.

prem_kool
Participant
0 Kudos

Raj,

The function module is created in BW using SE37. It gets data from a basic-cube and other hierarchies in BW.

This function module is part of a Virtual Cube With services.

I am not getting whether I should have included the call to function module in Include program 'ZXRSRU01'. or should have changed something else.

PK

prem_kool
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Do you remember how to debug-this function module which is in the Virtual Cube with Services?

Thanks

PK