Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BW Data Load Error Message

I have an ODS which automatically activates data directly from the PSA. There is no DTP. So when the load comes into BW through the RFC, it goes straight to the ODS for activation. The Dataflow was left in 3.5 and not migrated. I had to drop the data a reload after adding some new fields, and I'm trying to reload. Of course when that happens, there is alot of data to move. It is now in BW, and the load has failed giving the following error:

Processing in Warehouse timed out; processing steps mising

Diagnosis

Request processing in the BI system is taking a long time and processing step Second step in the update has still not been executed.

System Response

Caller is still missing.

Procedure

In the process overview in the BI system, check whether processes are running in the BI system under the background user.

If this is not the case, check the short dump overview in the BI system.

If you look in the details the error messages are showing up under the transfer idocs section saying data package arrived in BW; processing: second step not yet finished.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Side note: The number of active records in the ODS seem to be increasing, but I'm worried that it may fail completely. I had a similar issue previously where all the records were activated, but it would not update the change log and failed.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question