Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deltas after BI upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are in the process of upgrading our current system to BI 7.0

in this regard my concern is when we take up this activity will all the deltas for the existing data sources will be retined for my future loads in BI 7.0 or i need to do a reinitilisation. I am pretty sure, if i can drain the recorde from delta queue in the souce system, i will not have data loss. and my deltas also function as it, and need not go to re-initialisation.

Do we have any supportive oss note which explicitly states that, after the BI upgrade also, deltas function as usual. I have visited, 506694, which states more about delta queue to be emptied.

your advise in this regard is highly appreciable,

thanks in advance,

Neela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Any updates.....

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Any updates...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Check this doc: [SAP NetWeaver 7.0 BI Upgrade Specifics|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10564d5c-cf00-2a10-7b87-c94e38267742] , may be useful.

I suggest, its better to stop all V3 jobs and empty delta queue as a safer side.

Hope it Helps

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for your response, my customer is very specific about some OSS note, which states that delta would function without any issues even after the BI upgrade. and your suggestion is a mandatory step inorder that we dont lose any data as part of our deltas.

Anyways thank you,

Cheers,