cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can we syndicate multivalued field to different source system as per the values in the field?

Scenario,

say field1 is multivalue lookup field

Lookup table

Name MDM value

X A

Y A

Z A

name X,Y and Z are coming from 3 different source systems. and they will be assigned global MDM value A.

so record1 has Field1 as multivalue and will have value as A ,A ,A (i guess) now at the time of syndication can we split all 3 values of A and map corrosponding names i.e. X,Y,Z to corresponding source i.e source1 will get record 1 with name X ,source 2 will get record 1 as name Y and source 3 will get record 1 as name Z.

Is this scenario possible..!

Bindi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bindi,

This scenario is absolutely possible. For this you need to follow the below steps:

1. Enable key mapping for the main table.

2. If these values are coming from 3 different source systems; then while importing, for each value select the respective source systems; like if value is coming from System A then select System A in remote system while connecting file in import manager.

3. Map the source value which you want to use as remote key with the remote key field on destination side. You can create a clone as well of that field on source side.

4. After importing, check in Data manager that whether you are able to see remote key value linked with that record or not. For this right click on the record and go to Edit Key mapping

5. Now go to syndicator --> in the destination properties select the remote system to which you want to syndicate the record. (If you have 3 remote systems then you need to create 3 different maps).

6. After selecting remote system --> go to Map properties --> select Suppress Records without key and select the checkbox in the value tab.

7. Now this will suppress all those values which have remote key other than the remote system which you have selected in the destination properties.

This will definitely solve your problem.

Please let us know, if problem still persists.

Regards,

Varun