cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Purchase order item category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone explain how (based on what ) MRP while creation of purchase requisition for a material which contains a subcontracting item sets the "Purchasing Document Item category" as L.

I have a material for which in BOM there is a stock item.While creation of the PR the MRP should automatically populate the item category as L and in the Purchase order material data tab i should be automatically having the "components" and "Explode BOM" symbols appearing.But this is not happening.What should i do.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thankyou

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

item category L made for only Subcontract cycle

since in subcontracting cycle there is a involvement of SC vendor which has subsidiary ledger under reconciliation account and Goods issue (Components or BOM ) lying with SC vendor under special Stock, which will further consume useing movement type 543 during MIGO

Please check this:

SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Account Assignment > Define Combination of Item Categories/Account assignment Categories

Then u have to maintain the combination of item category and account assignment category at SPRO->MM->Purchasing->Account assignment->Maintain Account Assignment.

the got o OMG0 and check the entry for item cat L

Hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar