cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NullPointerException transfering Shopping Cart from SRM-MDM Catalog to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have customized SRM-MDM Catalog and successfully loaded eClass as taxonomy and a catalog with some articles.

I can select an article using the Search-UI. But when I start to transfer it so SAP SRM I get a NullPointerException.

+java.lang.NullPointerException+

+at java.lang.StringCoding$EncoderCache.makeEncoder(StringCoding.java:198)+

+at java.lang.StringCoding$2.run(StringCoding.java:251)+

+at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:246)+

+at java.lang.StringCoding$EncoderCache.getEncoder(StringCoding.java:248)+

+at java.lang.StringCoding.getEncoder(StringCoding.java:331)+

at java.lang.StringCoding.encode(StringCoding.java:472)

at java.lang.String.getBytes(String.java:651)

* at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.Master.sendBackProductDataForm(Master.java:1133)*

* at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.Master.callOCIComponent(Master.java:585)*

* at com.sap.mdm.srmcat.uisearch.master.wdp.InternalMaster.callOCIComponent(InternalMaster.java:797)*

*... 37 more*

Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With SP04 Patch02 it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I can access the configuration UI, even the search UI. I also can select items in the search UI.

But transfering the items to SAP SRM doesn't work. The error is thrown in the search UI, not in SAP SRM.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

Have you checked with the OCI mapping of the MDM fields with the SRM Fields?

Even in this case, if everything is fine then it is beeter to raise a oss note with SAP for this problem.

If you solved your problem then can you share the solution of the prblem with us?

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I restarted the J2EE - but the error still exists.

The items are not transfered to SRM, so in SLG1 won't be any entries.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

1. Check whether MDM server is up and running and repository is loaded.

2. Just check the EBP configurations in SRM .Check the repository port.

3. Just check with the files which you have deployed correctly or not. Deployment of the files must be in below order:

1. SCA file with API and Connector (File Name: MDMJAVAAPIXX_X.sca)

2. SCA file for search and configuration UI (File Name: SRMMDMCATXX_X.sca)

you can check those files whether these have been successfully deployed or not via following link:

http://servername:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcmdmsrmcat~uisearch/MDM_SRM_UI_App

After accessing the above link, just try to connect with MDM Server, if connected then try to connect with MDM catalog repository with the user as "Master" and Pwd as blank. If you are able to access the configuration UI window, it means the files are deployed correctly otherwise you have to deploy the correct sca file according to the MDM Server version which you are using.

I hope this will help you.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, I am selecting a record from the MDM catalog via SRM and transferring an item to a shopping cart.

The error apears in the MDM Search UI just when I want to transfer the item.

I can search items in the Search UI and viewing the shopping cart preview in MDM.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

Just try to restart the J2EE server of the WAS then try it.

Or you can see the log details for transfering the items into shopping cart via transaction "SLG1"

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the SRM-MDM Catalog and MDM Server Version are correct. I'll try the new SP04 Patch01.

Regards,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Sven,

Are you selecting a record from the MDM catalog via EBP and transferring an item to a shopping cart?

and then you getting the problem?

Can you please explain your problem bit more? What exactly you are doing and getting the problem?

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have SRM-MDM Catalog 2.0 SP04 Patch 00.

SRM_MDM_CAT 2.0 SP4 (1000.2.0.4.0.20080813084134)

MDM JAVA API Version

Admin Version = 5.5.63.02 [Interface CRC=0x5b63a633]

Build Version = 5.5.63.102

Content Version = 5.5.63.09 [Interface CRC=0x9d7cb0c4]

Meta Version \t= 5.5.63.00 [Interface CRC=0xab59b8dc]

!======================================!

MDM Server Version

Version = Version 5.5 SP6 (5.5.63.57)

Any further ideas?

Regards,

Sven

Edited by: Sven Haustein on Oct 7, 2008 10:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sven,

This problem only because of the wrong sca files deployed on the server. I mean the files which you have deployed on the WAS must be compatible with the MDM Server version.

To resolve this, you can download the business content of the SRM-MDM Catalog which you already have.

In the business content, there is a MDM server and its required clients for the catalog and the sca files are there to be deployed on the server. use the same MDM Server version and the files.

I hope this will solve your problem.

TNR,

Saurabh...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you may have to upgrade to SRM-MDM SP03 Patch 5 (5.5.62.63) or higher version.Note 1231997 might help you here.

Rgds,

Prasanna