cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Delivery date determined in Stock transport delivery NLCC from PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Since we upgraded R/3 from 4.6C to ECC 6.0 we are facing problems in the Stock transport process.

We are using purchase order type NB for moving material from plant X from company 1 to plant Y from company 2. In the stock transport order we enter a delivery date which is the goods receipt date from the receiving plant. In tab "Delivery Schedule" we find the Material Staging date which is 25 days earlier because of the transportation time overseas.

When the materials are available in the supplying plant X we make a delivery. Before the upgrade the MBDAT (material availability date) was copied from the purchase order into the delivery date of the Delivery.

After the upgrade not the MBDAT is copied but the goods receipt date, which is 25 days in the future.

Does anybody know if we can influence this date determination in e.g. customizing.

Thanks in advance for your Help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J,

Outbound Delivery notices are usually scheduled using SD configuration. I have never seen Stock Transport order delivery notices scheduled by copying MBDAT from the Purchase order itself (although I admit I have not seen everything!).

Generally you can pretend that these delivery notices are for a sales order, and all of the dates are determined using your standard SD DN scheduling parameters, using the master data of the customer and Sales Area assigned to the destination plant. You can find the customer assignment config is in OMGN. Your SD guy should be able to figure out how this customer has his Delivery notices scheduled, and what you will have to do to make the MAD of the DN match the requirement date of the PO.

Regards,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik and DB49 and others,

Thanks both of you for answering to my question. I also posted a message on OSS and they gave me the right hint. In customizing of the delivery type NLCC I had to fill in the field "Default order type" with value "DL" which is an order type for scheduling agreements. Apparently in ECC 6.0 this is required for copying the right dates from a stock transport order into a delivery.

I wanted to share this knowledge here on the forum, there is also a note about this procedure: 109254

Best regards,

Johan van de Ven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johan,

We have DL as the default order type on the NLCC but in the copy rules we still can't seem to manipulate likp-wadat as in your message. Can I ask what code you put in your routine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also have never seen a process where availability date from STO needs to be copied as delivery date into outbound delivery.

Can you maybe describe what is the reason behind this?

I would expect that you either have:

- custom solution (as mentioned - copy control or other u-exits during delivery creation) or

- different masterdata maintenance - for STOs the scheduling of delivery date is based on MRP data, while in SD outbound delivery you can define it based on routes. I would suggest to check how this was maintained in your previous system (if still available)..

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to check the following:

- copy routines (tr. VTLA for the corresponding document types). If you have any custom solutions here

- availability check setup at delivery level

- checking/scheduling rules in 'assign delivery type and checking rule' STO setup (former OMGN)

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dominik,

First of all thank you for answering my call. I have again checked all customizing settings that you suggested, copy routines are only between SD documents, apparently not between Purchasing and Sales documents. Or do you know where I can maintain these copying requirements?

I cannot find any new settings due to the upgrade nor any changed settings which may be wrong.

The material is currently on stock, so we can make a delivery almost at once as the PO is created. I can give you as an example the following dates of the delivery schedule in the PO:

Delivery date: 01.12.2008

Material staging date: 21.10.2008 (in the Netherlands)

Transport planning date: 27.10.2008 (in the Netherlands)

Loading date: 27.10.2008 (in the Netherlands)

Goods issue date: 27.10.2008 (in the Netherlands)

Goods receipt end date: 01.12.2008 (in China by boat)

In the Delivery these dates are determined:

Picking 01.12.2008

Trans. Planning 01.12.2008

Loading 01.12.2008

Planned GI 01.12.2008

Delivery Date 01.12.2008

Do you have any other suggestions for me?

thanks,

Johan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the whole scheduling in stock transport orders are actually controlled by two settings:

- the sheduling in the purchase order is controlled by the set-up for the stock transfer order (topic "Assign delivery type and checking rule" in IMG). Here you need to flag the "Shipment scheduling" for your purchase order / supplying plant combination. This is important, as otherwise the creation date of your delivery can not be calculated.

- Then, as mentioned before, you need to have DL as default order type for your delivery type NLCC. Even you have no sales order, the sales order type is necessary, because the system always uses the copying routines to fill the necessary data. Now in this case the structure xkomdlgn is used to temporary store the data from the source document (in this case the stock transport order) and to pass it on to the delivery.

--- actually I believe you do not even need to assign DL as default order type in the delivery type setting. If I remember right, at least for the delivery type NL this is hardwired (if no default order type is entered, then DL is used...), I guess it is the same for NLCC...

- But now comes the trick: actually the delivery dates are not copied over from the copying routine (don't ask me why), but they are controlled by the sheduling in the default order type, in this case DL. If you check the sheduling for the sales order type DL("Define scheduling by sales document type"), you should find out that is is not activated - there you go. Activate delivery and transportation scheduling for your default order type, that should do the trick.

Best regards

Juergen