cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Jobs Triggering BW job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one tell me how to have the successful completion of an R/3 job(V3) kick off a BW Process chain .It would be great if you reply quickly.

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

You can also review OSS Note 135637.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Geo,

As per your posts on the subject , I understood that create an event in BW and create a program in R/3 to trigger the event which is in RFC destibnation i.e BW system so that Process chain will be started .

so is this applicable to my issue i mean i want the Process chain in BW should be started after the V3 job successfully finished in R/3 .will it be done by doing the above process ,can u please tell me is there any other setting in V3 job to call the ABAP program after it finishes successfully so that Process chain will start in BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Add a step to the V3 job. In SM37, find your V3 job. If you scheduled it using LBWE, then the job name will be something like LIS-BW-VB* (depending on the application). You can add a step to the job and call the ABAP program to trigger BW.

We do not use the LBWE jobs, we create our own job at night that runs all the V3 programs and then runs the ABAP program to trigger BW. There are separate V3 programs for each application. You can combine them into one job to schedule at your convenience.

See here:

Does this help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geo,

Thanks for ur reply,

I got it now clearly.

Rashmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geo,

I have tried the process u mentioned in ur last posts ,but when i tested the function module with the Event id and RFc destination as inputs nothing it displayed and i have tested the ABAP program in R/3 also but got the short dump .

can you please let me know if any thing i have missed out and can u please tell me instead of creating new function module we can directly call the BP_EVENT_RAISE in the ABAP program right .

Please reply me soon.

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot use BP_EVENT_RAISE in R/3 because this function module is not Remote-enabled (ie. you cannot call this function module on another system). Make sure the ZBW_EVENT_RAISE function module that you created on the BW system is Remote-enabled. Your ABAP program in R/3 is going to call the function module on the BW system (hence the need for the RFC destination (BW)).

Basically, the ABAP program on R/3 is going to call the function module on the BW system to trigger the event on the BW system.

Does this help?

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Uday-Ram hamarthy

Edited by: Uday-Ram Chamarthy on Oct 6, 2008 9:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday & Geo

Thanks a lot for ur useful answers

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi

Edited by: P Rashmi on Oct 8, 2008 12:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a ECC system - you may have a play around with process chains on the R3 side

All new boxes have netweaver installed - even ECC boxes (ie non BW) and yes they do have process chains as well!

(hint: go to your R3 box and typ ein RSA1 or RSPC!!)

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey, raise an event in R/3 after your program successfully completes in R/3. DO a search on 'Raise Event' and you will get many hits.

Next, create the Start Process in BW process chain based on the 'Event' that you will raise in R/3.

Uday-Ram hamarthy