Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Integration Process with n:1 transformation and S/A bridge

Hello everybody

I am new to PI and have problems understanding the Integration Process component in the Enterprise Service Builder. I want to create a process which receives a message (which an object I have to persist). This message is sent to a service which stores it in the DB and returns an ID. The ID has to be set in the original message. The resulting message is sent asynchronously to another application. The ID should be returned to the caller of the integration process.

The first problem I faced was, that I couldnu2019t define a message nor a synchronous interface as container object. It only allows me to specify asynchronous interfaces.

The second problem is, that Iu2019m not sure about how to define the process. My idea was to do it like this:

+---------+  
                   +-->| 3) send |--+
   +--------+   2) |   +---------+  |   +--------------+   +---------+
o->| 1) S/A |----->|                +-->| 4) transform |-->| 5) send |-->o
   +--------+      |                |   +--------------+   +---------+
                   +----------------+

1. Open S/A bridge to be able to call the synchronous function

2. Fork to be able to transform the initial message and the result of the synchronous call later on

3. Call the synchronous service and store the result in the container message

4. Perform a n:1 transformation combining the two messages

5. Send the combined message to the asynchronous service

6. Return the ID somehow (how do i specify the result of the process?)

Suggestions or documentation (also books) which would help to understand how to implement something like this is welcome. I already had a look at the help of PI (especially "Advanced Mapping Techniques" and "Defining an Integration Process".

Thanks & Regards,

Tarik Osman

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question