cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting date error

Former Member
0 Kudos

In t-code MI GO i am getting error message At the beaning of a new period , your system administrator must change the current period in material master record using the function ''shift period'' this has not yet been done.In such case please suggest me what to do ?

I am on line

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have to close the last period and open the current period in every period using MMPV tcode

now this can be set as background job in produciton so you don't have to do manually every month.

go to MMPV and enter the value than create the dynamic variant than go to SM36 adn schedule the job for program RMMMPERI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir in tcode MMPV how to get dynamic varients.

I am on line.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Posting Period is the vital control in MM Posting Transactions GR,GI,IV ).In MM side you have better control & you open only current period and current minus one period. In T.code: MMRV and see which period is open for ur Co. Code and back posting is allowed or not. In MMPV close the period last period and automatically system open the new one. Before closing period in MM side you must ensure that all posting GR,GI,IV related to that month is posted.

In FI side in t.code: OB52 and can open more then one period for the Account Types A, K, D,M, S and specially Account Type u201C+u201D which stands for valid for all accounts type and save.

You can set period for Material Management in following process..............

In OMSY steps, u have to enter .....

Company Code .....

Company Name ..............

Fiscal Year of Current Period 2008

Current period (posting period) ???

Fiscal year of previous period 2008( will come automatic)

Month of previous period( ???-1)( will come automatic)

Fiscal year of last period of previous year 2007

Last month of previous year 12

Allow Posting to Previous Period (Back posting)

Disallow back posting after a change of period

For more Check the SAP Notes:487381 & 369637.

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir please guide me what exactly i have to do in tcode OB52.

I am on line.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member529134
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello

Goto MMPV

Enter your company code

Then the period to be opened and the fiscal year

Then press execute and the system will issue a period closing log.

Period closing can be done for the current period in the material master only. ie if your current period in the master record is 03.2008 and the period you want to open is 06.2008, you have to close 03.2008 then 04.2008 then 05.2008 and so on

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if u have not done any postings then goto: omsy then enter the current date. else u have to close one bye one by going to t.code mmpv

regards

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir i am on line waiting.