cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extra, useless page in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

for every output of the smartform, there is an extra, useless page with only header and footer, with no (visible) main. The main is printed completely on all but this last page.

I found the following:

In the code, generated by the smartform, there is a function call to function ssfcomp_process_document.

In the form "process_pages", there is an if-statement that decides about starting another page: if intsfsy-suppwin = c_false.

This is the point where the program decides to take a new page, I just don't know where it takes its information for that system-variable.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot,

Sandra Dejonghe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One simple logic ....

Use program lines in the end of all the nodes of the MAIN window for the NEXT page.

Populate a local variable with value 'X' in the program lines.

If once the data in the main window is reached and then the flag ( local variable ) gets populated.

Put the condition to the new page command as local_variable # 'X'.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

that simple logic works!

Small question : is this always needed (with dynamic page breaks)?

Best regards,

Sandra Dejonghe

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check the main window settings of the smartform.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then control the command for the new page with appropriate condition so as to avoid unnecessary page.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you help me with that condition? Any suggestion?

Best regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in the smartform whether any new page command is being trigerred.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry, I didn't mention I do need a dynamic page break. But if 2 pages are needed, in the output there are 3. If 3 pages are needed, in the output there are 4. Etc.

In the commando for the new page, located in the main window, on the tab "General attributes", there is only the mark "Go to new page" with the name of the page-type. Nothing on the tab "Conditions".

Best regards,

Sandra