Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem with record selection formula

I am in the process of writing a report that shows clock in and clock out information for our employees. The problem I am encountering is the fact that being that we are a 24 hour operation, we have some employees that punch in on Saturday which is the last day of our pay period and punch out on Sunday which is the first day of a new pay period. Originally I had this, which executed very quickly, but didnt display any punches where the punch in was on Saturday and the punch out was on Sunday:

{Jobcode_Master.jobcode_id} = {?Jobcode ID} and

{Emp_Clock_Data.adjusted_clockin_dttime} in {?Week Start Date} to {?Week End Date} and

{Emp_Clock_Data.adjusted_clockout_dttime} in {?Week Start Date} to {?Week End Date}

So to include those missing punches, I came up with this which does work, but takes nearly 5 minutes to execute:

{Emp_Clock_Data.adjusted_clockin_dttime} in {?Week Start Date} to {?Week End Date} or

{Emp_Clock_Data.adjusted_clockout_dttime} in {?Week Start Date} to {?Week End Date}

I have been racking my brain on this for several days now and just cant figure out what makes the second record selection formula take so long. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question