cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to remote host in NWDS preferences (SAP Instance not reachable)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am trying to connect to a SAP Web AS running CE 7.1 with Netweaver Developer Studio as described [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/46/9ca4cf4e8b0487e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm].

The u201Cinstance hostu201D is a remote host. When I try to connect with NWDS 7.1 SPS 5, I get the error message:

SAP Instance is currently not reachable. Check if the SAP Instance number is correct.

However, with NWDS 2004s SPS 13 (installed on the same machine) and message server port 3901, I can see the host in the J2EE view with two green dots (icm, server 0) and one grey dot (debugproxy). NWDS seems to connect (in spite of the grey dot).

Do I have to configure anything else in NWDS (message server port)? Does the debugproxy have to be started?

Thanks for helping!

Kind regards

Bettina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bettina,

have you already checked, if there is a Firewall between the NWDS and the Application Server?

In this case, check the Port 5xx13. Replace xx with your Instance Number. In NetWeaver CE the new MMC Applet is lisitening.

I hope this hint will help you.

Regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

thanks a lot for your help! You were right, there was a firewall and port 5xx13 was blocked. Apparently NWDS 7.0 does not need this port, but NWDS 7.1. does. It should be mentioned in help.sap.com that port 5xx13 has to be open if you want to connect NWDS 7.1 with a remote host.

Best regards

Bettina

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same issue and resolved by adding:

(1) Windows server firewall exception to include "D:\usr\sap\CE1\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\sapstartsrv.exe" EXE.

Basically, the windows server on which SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 was installed, by default, BLOCKS all relevant ports:

50000-50020 & 50100-50120. By add the above (a) rule, the serrver allows any incoming TCP connections used by "D:\usr\sap\CE1\SYS\exe\uc\NTI386\sapstartsrv.exe."

~/Reddy Gurram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bettina,

The document you have followed is the right one and there are no additional steps. But "Instance Not reachable" is a typical case when the j2ee engine is down. Please try restarting all the instances and try connecting. This must help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedda,

thanks for your answer. The system has undergone an update and is now on SPS 6 (NWDS is on SPS 5) . In sapmmc, everything is green now and appears to be running. I can also access the system via the webinterface <host><port>. But still the same error.

What else could be the Problem?

Best regards

Bettina